One of the best aspects of Android is how adaptable and configurable it is, whether it’s the freedom to customize it, using different launchers, or a variety of applications to customize the new look. Using, However, for some people this is not enough. Rooting your Realme smartphone gives you more control over your device and its hardware than provided by the manufacturer.
Once you’ve rooted an Android device, you have full access to the device’s system files. Once you root it, you have complete control over your phone, including editing system files and restricted codes. Realme, in particular, is not popular enough to allow its users to root devices. However, there is a solution; This post will guide you on how to unlock the bootloader, and root realme Narzo 30 4G, Narzo 30 5G, Narzo 30 Pro, or even Narzo 30A from any area.
Advantages and disadvantages of rooting: Know what you are getting yourself!
Hey, but before you get yourself into the crazy world of rooting (which is slowly getting extinct day by day), here are some pros and cons you should know about it.
- Once rooted, your smartphone is still completely under your control.
- You could overlock the CPU and GPU on your smartphone, squeaking out that extra bit of performance from your hardware.
- Unlocking the bootloader, lets you install Custom ROMs, letting you update to the latest Android version.
- Once your phone is rooted, you could block advertisements from any app with a single click.
- Mods, Custom ROMs, Custom Kernels, and more options open up for you.
- You may also get rid of all the pre-installed bloatware from your realme smartphone.
Now let’s examine some of the disadvantages of rooting an Android phone.
- Rooting voids the warranty on your device.
- Your smartphone manufacturer (realme in our case) will not be providing you with any more OTA updates.
- Rooting can result in your phone being completely dead/bricked if anything goes wrong.
- Once your bootloader is unlocked, you will no longer be able to use banking applications such as Paypal, or Google Pay.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Realme Narzo 30 4G/5G, Narzo 30 Pro, and Narzo 30A
Every smartphone comes with a locked bootloader by default. Smartphone manufacturers have devised their own methods for allowing consumers to unlock bootloaders on their devices, with some encouraging it while others discouraging it. Realme’s bootloader unlocking process is fairly simple, but requires patience; if you’ve got what it takes – here’s how you can unlock the bootloader on a realme Narzo 30 series smartphone.
Caution: Unlocking the Bootloader will result in you losing all stored data on your smartphone’s local storage and hence it is recommended to take a complete backup before beginning with the process. We’re not responsible if anything goes wrong during the process, do it at your own risk.
- A Windows PC/Laptop.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- Make sure that the phone is charged more than 70%
- Users need a USB Type-C cable to connect their phone to their PC.
- Download and Extract ADB and Fastboot Tools into a folder on their PC.
Now that you’ve got everything required onboard to unlock the bootloader on your realme Narzo 30 series devices, follow these steps:
- Begin with downloading the Unlock APK, and Unlock Upgrade for your smartphone. [Download Unlock APK for realme Narzo 30, Upgrade APK]
- Launch the Deep Testing (Unlock Tool) application on your phone and choose Start Application.
- Now, fill in the required details, and click on the checkbox on the next screen > select Send a Request.
- Now, you need to wait for realme to approve your request. You can check the status by visiting the upper right corner of the application and choosing Request Validation Status.
- Once approved, click Start in-depth Testing, this will reboot your realme smartphone into Fastboot mode, and the phone should now be ready to unlock the bootloader.
- Now, connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB Type-C cable. Next, pull up a Command Line window, and key in the below mentioned commands step by step. In case you don’t have adb and fastboot drivers installed, use cmd from the platform-tools folder.
adb reboot bootloader fastboot flashing unlock
- Once you’ve entered the commands, your phone will prompt you with an option, to confirm if you’d like to unlock the bootloader. Choose Yes, your phone would reset and you should now have an unlocked bootloader. Congratulations!
How to Install TWRP on Realme Narzo 30 Series
To flash TWRP Recovery on a Realme Narzo 30 series smartphone, users need to follow these steps-
- Download the TWRP and vbmeta file from the official sources.
- Next, copy both the files and paste them into the Platform Tools folder.
- Boot the device into Fastboot mode by pressing the Power, Volume Up, and Down buttons simultaneously.
- When the screen goes black, release the volume up button, and the device will be booted into Fastboot mode. Then, connect the phone to the pc with the original USB Cable.
- Type “cmd” on the address bar of the platform-tools folder and press Enter. This will open a CMD window.
- Users now need to type in some commands, which are mentioned below-
- The above command will check if the device is connected.
- Next, type in these commands, where “vbmeta.img” is the file name.
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot format userdata
- This will flash the vbmeta file, and now users need to flash the TWRP File for that. To do so:
fastboot flash recovery twrpfilename.img
- The following command will Flash the TWRP Recovery after this for rebooting the device. Users need to type in this command-
fastboot reboot recovery
With this, you now have a working version of TWRP recovery flashed on your smartphone. Woohoo!
How to Root Realme Narzo 30 5G Series using Magisk
Now that you’ve come this far, rooting your device is just a matter of another couple of clicks. Here’s how you can root your realme smartphone:
- Begin with extracting the Realme Narzo firmware from a ZIP package. From the extracted files, copy and save the boot.img to your phone.
- Now, install the Magisk application on your smartphone.
- Launch the Magisk app and choose the Install button.
- On the next page, tap on Select and Patch a File > browse the File Manager and choose the copied boot.img file.
- You will now notice a new file named magisk_patched.img in your Downloads folder.
- Now, copy the patched boot image file to C: / adb or platform-tools folder on your computer and rename it to boot.img.
- Reboot your phone into Fastboot Mode, and connect it to your computer.
- In a new command line, enter the following commands to root your Narzo smartphone:
fastboot devices fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Once done, reboot your device and check if there’s a Magisk application installed, if not, install the tool.
- Follow the in-app instructions and you’re good to go!
To see if your Narzo 30 series device has been successfully rooted, you can use any rooting application or Magisk. Once you have root access, you can use all of your phone’s programs and functionalities. Xposed modules will be accessible as well.
How to Root Realme Narzo 30, 30A, 30 5G and 30 Pro using SuperSU
If you prefer SuperSU over Magisk, or rooting via recovery instead of a PC, here’s how you can root your realme Narzo smartphone using Super SU and TWRP.
- Download the SuperSU ZIP file save it to the internal memory of your phone.
- Next, turn your phone off, press the Volume Up Button and Power Button simultaneously to enter Recovery Mode.
- You should now be into TWRP. Choose Install > Locate and select the SuperSU ZIP and drag the slider to confirm flashing.
- Reboot your phone and you’re done!
That said, what do you plan on doing once your phone is rooted? Do let us know by dropping a comment down below.
[su_button url=”https://t.me/getdroidroms” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#0064c9″ size=”7″]Join us on telegram[/su_button]