In this guide, we will show you the steps to unlock bootloader on your Infinix Note 12. The twelfth iteration of the Note series from Infinix features an impressive spectacle sheet. With a 6.7-inch large screen, MediaTek Helio G88 chipset, up to 6GB RAM, 5000mAh battery, and 33W fast charging, there are many notable features to look forward to. The device also seems to have benefited from the fact that its price has been kept quite aggressive, keeping in mind its offer.
In addition to these aspects, the device has also proved to be a very active player in custom development. Whether it’s flashing a custom ROM, installing a custom recovery like TWRP, or accessing a system partition by rooting through Magisk, there’s a lot to look forward to. But before you step into this domain, you need to check one important condition off the list – the bootloader on your Infinix Note 12 needs to be unlocked. And in this guide, we’ll show you how to do it. Follow along.
Advantages and disadvantages of unlocked bootloaders
Unlocking the bootloader is the gateway to get the most out of Android’s open source ecosystem. For example, you’ll be able to install custom ROMs or flash custom recovery like TWRP. Similarly, you will be able to access the system partition as well as get administrative privileges by rooting your device through Magisk. You will then be allowed to flash Magisk Modules, Xposed Framework, Substratum Themes, and Viper4Android among others.
However, performing these adaptations also poses some unintended risks. To begin with, it will erase all data and may even void the device’s warranty. With these lines, it will reduce the WideVine L1 certification to L3, thus preventing you from streaming content in HD [FIXED]. SafetyNet will also be activated [FIXED], thus preventing you from using banking apps [FIXED]. So if that’s fine and good, let’s start with the steps to unlock the bootloader on the Infinix Note 12.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Infinix Note 12
The following movement will erase all records out of your tool. So please lower back up a whole tool in advance. Droidwin and its participants will now no longer be held accountable withinside the occasion of a thermonuclear war, your alarm does now no longer wake you up, or if some thing occurs in your tool and records through taking the subsequent steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
Download : Link
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Boot Infinix Note 12 to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Now type in the below command to verify the Fastboot Connection
- If you get a device ID followed by the fastboot keyword, then the connection stands successful and you may now proceed ahead to unlock the bootloader on your Infinix Note 12.
STEP 4: Unlock the Bootloader on Infinix Note 12
- Type in the below command in the CMD window that is opened inside the platform-tools
fastboot flashing unlock
- At this point in time, you will get a confirmation message on your device. Use the Volume keys to select the Unlock the Bootloader option and hit the Power key to confirm it.
- The device will undergo a reset and then the bootloader will be unlocked. Do keep in mind that the first boot might take up to a minute, this is completely normal.
- Furthermore, you will have to log in to Google ID and set up your device from scratch, since a wipe has taken place. That’s it.
These were the steps to unlock the bootloader on the Infinix Note 12. We will contact you with a solution as soon as possible.