In this guide, we will show you the steps to root your Vivo X70/Pro/Plus via Magisk Patched Boot.img. When it came to custom development, this OEM’s tools weren’t quite functional. And one of the major reasons was the OEM’s reluctance to streamline the bootloader unlocking process. However, the developers then took it upon themselves and came up with a nifty solution through which you can easily perform the process.
With that now out of the way, the next big thing that hits every tech enthusiast’s bucket list is the ability to gain administrative privileges on their device. And in this guide, we’ll show you how to do just that. Here are the detailed steps that will help you root your Vivo X70/Pro/Plus via Magisk Patched Boot.img. Follow along.
Benefits of Rooting
Once you’ve rooted your device by flashing the Magisk patched boot.img via fastboot commands, you’ll be in a position to try out a host of customizations on your device. These include flashing custom ROMs, installing a custom recovery like TWRP, or flashing a custom kernel. Along the same lines, you can also flash Magisk Modules, Xposed Framework, Substratum Themes, Viper4Android and the likes. However, this is only one side of the story.
How to Root Vivo X70/Pro/Plus with Magisk
The instructions given below are listed in separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow the same order as mentioned. Pixelroms and its members will not be held responsible in the event of a thermonuclear war, your alarm does not wake you up, or if something happens to your device and data by performing the following steps.
Install Android SDK
Download : Link
Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Unlock Bootloader on Vivo X70/Pro/Plus
Extract Stock Boot.img
- To begin with, download the stock firmware for your device.
- Make sure to download the same version that is currently installed on your device.
- Once downloaded, extract it to any convenient location on your PC.
- Then copy the boot.img file from there and transfer it to your device.
Patch Vivo X70/Pro/Plus Stock Boot.img via Magisk
- Download and install the latest version of the Magisk App.
- Then launch it and tap on the Install button next to Magisk.
- After that, choose ‘Select and Patch a File’, navigate to the stock boot.img file, and select it.
- Then tap on the Let’s Go button situated at the top right.
- The boot.img file will now be patched and placed under the Downloads folder on your device.
- You should transfer this file to the platform-tools folder on your PC. We will now be using this file to root your Vivo T1 5G.
Boot Vivo X70/Pro/Plus to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
Flash Magisk Patched Boot.img and Root Vivo X70/Pro/Plus
- To begin with, make sure that you have transferred the magisk_patched.img file to the platform-tools folder.
- Now type in the below command in the CMD window (that is opened inside the platform-tools folder) to flash the Magisk Patched file:
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- Once that is done, reboot your device to the OS via the following command
That’s it. These were the steps to root Vivo X70/Pro/Plus via Magisk patched boot.img. If you have any queries regarding the above steps, let us know in the comments. We will contact you with a solution as soon as possible.