LineageOS 19 Update
features & more
The new LineageOS 19 update brings a variety of features, modifications, and updates, from new wallpapers to function updates. And it’ll take a long term to speak about all of them, so here’s a whole changelog for LineageOS 19 from the official website of LineageOS.
LineageOS 19 specific features
- Security patches from March 2021 to April 2022 have been merged to LineageOS 16.0 through 19.
- LineageOS 19 builds are currently based on the android-12.1.0_r4 tag, which is the Pixel 6 series tag.
- The WebView service has been updated to Chromium 100.
- The Lineage team has completely redone the volume panel introduced in Android 12, and instead made it a side pop-out expanding panel.
- The gallery app has seen a large amount of improvements.
- The Updater has also seen a large amount of fixes and improvements.
- The web browser, Jelly has been improved.
- The Lineage team have contributed and improved the calendar app, Etar.
- The Lineage team has improved and contributed to the Seedvault backup app.
- The Recorder app has been updated and seen bug fixes.
- Android TV builds now ship with a different launcher, instead of Google’s launcher.
- Android TV builds now ship with a key-handler that enable support for custom-keys on a wide-array of bluetooth and IR remotes.
- The adb_root service is no longer tied to the build type.
- The extract utilites have been improved for simplying device bring up and etc.
- The AOSP Clang toolchain is now being used for kernel compilations.
- The Qualcomm Snapdragon Camera has been dropped, and devices that previously used it will now be shipping with AOSP’s Camera2.
- Dark mode is enabled by default.
- There’s a new setup wizard, with Android 12-style animations and icons.
- The default app icons have been changed.
- Due to AOSP switching to eBPF over iptables, some legacy devices have been dropped from the officially supported list.
LineageOS 19 and 18.1 updates
- New default wallpapers.
- Wi-Fi display is now available for users who choose to opt-in.
- Support for custom charging sounds has been added.