What’s New in Android 12?
Just to mention that the Silicon Valley giants have introduced a lot of new and exciting features in the twelfth edition of the OS. These include extensive UI optimization thanks to the material you design. Similarly, wallpaper-based UX is themed, which will pick up important colors from the wallpaper and theme it on different components of the device (such as notification panel and settings menu). Then there’s the addition of the Privacy Dashboard.
How to Install Android 12 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 10T/10T Pro
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
You will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking process.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on MIUI Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 10T/10T Pro
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well.
STEP 4: Download Android 12 ROM, Firmware, Recovery
The ROM comes in two variants: GApps and Vanilla. The GApps version comes with all the Google Apps, Services, and Framework. Whereas the Vanilla build provides you a de-Googled ecosystem- free from all the Google goodies. You may download the one that is in sync with your requirement.
- Name: ArrowOS
- Android Version: 12
- Download: Link [Both GApps and VanillaBuilds included]
- Credits: XDA Senior Member dobsgw
- Device: Mi 10T / Mi 10T Pro Global
- Firmware Version: V220.127.116.11.RJDMIXM
- Download: Link
- Name: Arrow Recovery
- Download: Link
STEP 5: Install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi 10T/10T Pro
- To begin with, transfer the ROM, Firmware, and Recovery file to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
- Then rename the Arrow Recovery file to recovery, so that the complete name becomes recovery.img.
- Likewise, rename the downloaded firmware to firmware.zip and ROM to rom.zip.
- Now connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- After that, execute the below command to flash the TWRP Recovery file:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Finally, type in the following command to boot your device to TWRP:
fastboot boot recovery.img
STEP 6: Install Android 12 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 10T/10T Pro
- Once your device boots to Arrow Recovery, go to “Apply Update” & select “Apply from ADB”.
- Now launch CMD inside the platform-tools folder and type in the below command to flash the firmware
adb sideload firmware.zip
- Once done, again go to Apply Update & select Apply from ADB. Now execute the following command to flash the ROM file
adb sideload rom.zip
- The process might get stuck at 47%, it is completely normal. Just keep track of the installation on your device.
- Once the ROM has been flashed, go to Factory Reset and Format the Data (this will erase all the data from your device).
- Once the process is complete, you may now reboot the device to the newly installed OS.
[su_button url=”https://t.me/getdroidroms” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#0064c9″ size=”7″]Join us on telegram[/su_button]