In this guide, we will show you the steps to unlock bootloader on your Vivo X80 Pro. The latest flagship-level offering from Vivo has managed to grab the attention of the masses. Looking at the power-packed specs sheet, it comes with a number of noteworthy features. With a 120hz refresh rate, the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset, 12G/512GB RAM/ROM, and 80W fast charging, its rise to fame was literally a no-brainer.
However, when it comes to custom development, this OEM’s equipment doesn’t have the best track record. It seems that the process of unlocking the bootloader on the Vivo X80 Pro has been overcomplicated. But thanks to a few developers who have modified the fastboot binaries, you can now easily bypass the restrictions imposed by Vivo. So without further ado, let’s check how this unlocking process can be done.
Advantages and disadvantages of unlocking the bootloader
Unlocking the bootloader is the gateway to reaping the maximum benefits of Android’s open source ecosystem. For example, you’ll be able to install a custom ROM or flash a custom recovery like TWRP. Similarly, by rooting your device through Magisk you will be able to access the system partition as well as gain administrative privileges. This will allow you to flash Magisk Modules, Xposed Framework, Substratum Themes, and Viper4Android among others.
However, performing these adaptations also poses some uncalled-for risks. To begin with, it will erase all data and may even void the device’s warranty. Along the same lines, it will downgrade the Widevine L1 certification to L3, thus preventing you from streaming content in HD [FIXED]. SafetyNet will also be activated [FIXED], thus preventing you from using banking apps [FIXED]. So if that’s fine and good, let’s start with the steps to unlock bootloader on your Vivo X80 Pro.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Vivo X80 Pro
STEP 1: Download Modified ADB & Fastboot
- To begin with, download and extract the modified ADB and Fastboot Tool.
- Then download the modified Fastboot Binary.
- Now extract it inside the same folder where you had extracted the above tool.
- It will now ask you to replace the AdbWinApi.dll and fastboot.exe files, reply YES
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
STEP 3: Downgrade Vivo X80 Pro to Android 12
- Download the 220.127.116.11 firmware and transfer it to your device’s Internal Storage, but not inside any folder
- Now open CMD inside the ADB & Fastboot folder.
- Then execute the below command to boot your device to recovery mode
adb reboot fastboot
- Now performs local update using the 18.104.22.168 firmware and wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, your device will boot to the Android 12 OS.
STEP4: Boot Vivo X80Pro to FastbootD Mode
- Now connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the ADB & Fastboot folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to FastbootD Mode
adb reboot fastboot
- After that, use the below command to reboot to the FastbootD Mode.
fastboot reboot fastboot
STEP 5: Unlock Bootloader on Vivo X80 Pro
- Now execute the below command in the CMD window that is opened in the ADB & Fastboot folder
fastboot vivo_bsp unlock_vivo
- If you get a confirmation on your device, press the Volume Up key to confirm Unlock the Bootloader, and hit the Power key to confirm it.
- That’s it. Your device will undergo a data wipe, unlock the bootloader, and finally would boot to the OS.
that’s it. These were the steps to unlock bootloader on your Vivo X80 Pro. If you have any queries regarding the above steps, let us know in the comments. We will contact you with a solution as soon as possible.