In this guide, we will show you the steps to unlock bootloader on Infinix Note 8 / 8i. While it may not be one of the most popular OEMs out there, Infinix manages to develop some impressive tools all the time. In this regard, its eighth iteration succeeded in gaining public attention. With a large 7-inch screen, a large 5200 mAh battery, and a Mediatek MT6769V chip set under the hood, there’s plenty to look forward to.
Along the same lines, devices are proving to be quite active players in custom development. Whether it’s for custom ROM flashing, custom recovery like installing, or rooting the device via Magisk to get administrative privileges, there’s a lot more to it. However, before you can try any of these tweaks, you must check one important condition off the list – the boot loader on your Infinix Note 8 / 8i must be unlocked. And in this guide, we’ll show you how to do it. Follow along.
Benefits of Unlocked Bootloader
Unlocking the bootloader is the gateway to get the most out of Android’s open source ecosystem. For example, you’ll be able to install custom ROMs or flash custom recovery like TWRP. Similarly, you will be able to access the system partition as well as get administrative privileges by rooting your device through Magisk. You will then be allowed to flash Magisk Modules, Xposed Framework, Substratum Themes, and Viper4Android among others.
However, performing these adaptations also poses some unintended risks. To begin with, it will erase all data and may even void the device’s warranty. With these lines, it will reduce the WideVine L1 certification to L3, thus preventing you from streaming content in HD [FIXED]. SafetyNet will also be activated [FIXED], thus preventing you from using banking apps [FIXED]. So if this is ok and good then let’s start with the steps to unlock the bootloader on Infinix Note 8 / 8i.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Infinix Note 8/8i
The following action will erase all data from your device. So please back up a complete device in advance. Droidwin and its members will not be held responsible in the event of a thermonuclear war, your alarm does not wake you up, or if something happens to your device and data by taking the following steps.
First and foremost, you need to have Android SDK platform tools installed on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only one recommended. So download it and then extract it to any suitable place on your computer. Doing so will take you to the Platform Tools folder, which will be used in this guide.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next, you need to enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable via PC in ADB mode. It will then allow you to boot your device into fastboot mode. On the other hand, OEM unlocking is required to perform the boot loader unlocking process.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Boot Infinix Note 8/8i to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Modeadb reboot bootloader
- Now type in the below command to verify the Fastboot Connectionfastboot devices
- If you get a device ID followed by the fastboot keyword, then the connection stands successful and you may now proceed ahead to unlock the bootloader on your OnePlus 10R.
STEP 4: Unlock the Bootloader on Infinix Note 8/8i
- Type in the below command in the CMD window that is opened inside the platform-toolsfastboot flashing unlock
- At this point in time, you will get a confirmation message on your device. Use the Volume keys to select the Unlock the Bootloader option and hit the Power key to confirm it.
- The device will undergo a reset and then the bootloader will be unlocked. Do keep in mind that the first boot might take up to a minute, this is completely normal.
- Furthermore, you will have to log in to Google ID and set up your device from scratch, since a wipe has taken place. That’s it.
These were the steps to unlock the bootloader on the Infinix Note 8 / 8i. If you have any questions about the above steps, let us know in the comments. We will contact you with a solution as soon as possible.