In this guide, we will show you the steps to unlock bootloader on Infinix Hot 9 / Play / Pro variants. Although Infinix’s devices didn’t usually get the public’s attention, with its ninth iteration, things were a little different. All three types were well known for their rights. Although they are slightly different in their specific sheets, they had one thing in common – they all offered an impressive value for your money. And it is not. These devices are also very active players in custom development.
Whether it’s for custom flashing or for GSI ROMs, installing custom recovery like TWRP, or accessing the system partition by rooting your device via Magisk, there are many things to try. Are Similarly, you can flash tons of Magus modules, exposed frames, or overclock the CPU by flashing the kernel as needed. But before you can check these changes – you need to check a key condition off the list – you need to unlock the bootloader on your Infinix Hot 9 / Play / Pro. And in this guide, we’ll show you how to do it. Follow along.
Benefits of an Unlocked Bootloader
Unlocking the bootloader is the gateway to get the most out of Android’s open source ecosystem. For example, you’ll be able to install custom ROMs or flash custom recovery like TWRP. Similarly, you will be able to access the system partition as well as get administrative privileges by rooting your device through Magisk. You will then be allowed to flash Magisk Modules, Xposed Framework, Substratum Themes, and Viper4Android among others.
However, performing these adaptations also poses some unintended risks. To begin with, it will erase all data and may even void the device’s warranty. With these lines, it will reduce the WideVine L1 certification to L3, thus preventing you from streaming content in HD [FIXED]. SafetyNet will also be activated [FIXED], thus preventing you from using banking apps [FIXED]. So if this is fine and good then let’s start with the steps to unlock the bootloader on Infinix Hot 9.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Infinix Hot 9
The following motion will erase all information out of your tool. So please returned up a entire tool in advance. Droidwin and its individuals will now no longer be held accountable withinside the occasion of a thermonuclear war, your alarm does now no longer wake you up, or if some thing takes place on your tool and information via way of means of taking the subsequent steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
Download : Link
First and foremost, you want to have Android SDK platform gear installed to your PC. This is the legit ADB and Fastboot binary furnished via way of means of Google and is the most effective one recommended. So download it after which extract it to any appropriate area to your computer. Doing so will take you to the Platform Tools folder, so as to be used on this guide.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you may ought to allow USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking to your tool. The former will make your tool recognizable with the aid of using the PC in ADB mode. This will then let you boot your tool to Fastboot Mode. On the alternative hand, OEM Unlocking is needed to perform the bootloader unlocking process.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Boot Infinix Hot 9 to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Now type in the below command to verify the Fastboot Connection
- If you get a device ID followed by the fastboot keyword, then the connection stands successful and you may now proceed ahead to unlock the bootloader on your Hot 9
STEP 4: Unlock the Bootloader on Infinix Hot 9
- Type in the below command in the CMD window that is opened inside the platform-tools
fastboot flashing unlock
- At this point in time, you will get a confirmation message on your device. Use the Volume keys to select the Unlock the Bootloader option and hit the Power key to confirm it.
- The device will undergo a reset and then the bootloader will be unlocked. Do keep in mind that the first boot might take up to a minute, this is completely normal.
- Furthermore, you will have to log in to Google ID and set up your device from scratch, since a wipe has taken place. That’s it.
These were the steps to unlock the bootloader on Infinix Hot 9 / Play / Pro. If you have any questions about the above steps, let us know in the comments. We will contact you with a solution as soon as possible.