In this guide, we will show you the steps to unlock bootloader on your Infinix Hot 11 / S. Infinix devices have made a name for themselves in the budget domain. Both the Note and Hot series are very popular in the user base. And the reason is hardly a secret. When you find a power-packed device that doesn’t pierce your pocket, its popularity was already on the charts.
Furthermore, if we turn our attention to the 11th iteration in the hotline, it has already become a favorite toy for tech enthusiasts. Whether for custom flashing or for GSI ROMs, to install a custom recovery like TWRP, or to root your device via Magisk and access the system partition, wait There is so much to do. However, before you welcome any of these tweaks, you’ll need to unlock the bootloader on your Infinix Hot 11 / S. And in this guide, we’ll show you how to do it. Follow along.
Advantages and disadvantages of unlocked bootloaders
Unlocking the bootloader is the gateway to get the most out of Android’s open source ecosystem. For example, you’ll be able to install custom ROMs or flash custom recovery like TWRP. Similarly, you will be able to access the system partition as well as get administrative privileges by rooting your device through Magisk. You will then be allowed to flash Magisk Modules, Xposed Framework, Substratum Themes, and Viper4Android among others.
However, performing these adaptations also poses some unintended risks. To begin with, it will erase all data and may even void the device’s warranty. With these lines, it will reduce the WideVine L1 certification to L3, thus preventing you from streaming content in HD [FIXED]. SafetyNet will also be activated [FIXED], thus preventing you from using banking apps [FIXED]. So if this is ok and good then let’s start with the steps to unlock the bootloader on Infinix Hot 11 / S.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Infinix Hot 11/11S
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
Download : Link
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
STEP 3: Boot Infinix Hot 11/S to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Now type in the below command to verify the Fastboot Connection
- If you get a device ID followed by the fastboot keyword, then the connection stands successful and you may now proceed ahead to unlock the bootloader on your Infinix Hot 11/S.
STEP 4: Unlock the Bootloader on Infinix Hot 11/S
- Type in the below command in the CMD window that is opened inside the platform-tools
fastboot flashing unlock
- At this point in time, you will get a confirmation message on your device. Use the Volume keys to select the Unlock the Bootloader option and hit the Power key to confirm it.
- The device will undergo a reset and then the bootloader will be unlocked. Do keep in mind that the first boot might take up to a minute, this is completely normal.
- Furthermore, you will have to log in to Google ID and set up your device from scratch, since a wipe has taken place. That’s it.
These were the steps to unlock the bootloader on the Infinix Hot 11 / S. If you have any questions about the above steps, let us know in the comments. We will contact you with a solution as soon as possible.