Micromax offers budgets for mid-range smartphones in India with affordable price tags. Although there is fierce competition in the smartphone industry, it seems that Micromax Mobile has a separate fan base, especially in India. So, if you are one of the users of Micromax devices, you should check out our guide on unlocking the bootloader on any Micromax smartphone.
Coming to the topic, if you are a fan of Android or already using any Micromax model, you should try to unlock the bootloader manually to start customizing your handset. Should. Additionally, you will be able to root third-party AOSP ROMs on your Micromax device, install modes, and even flash.
What is Boot Loader Unlock?
Unlocking your Android phone’s bootloader is one of the first steps to customizing your handset to the highest levels, such as routing, installing modules, flashing custom firmware, and more. Well, the bootloader is an image owned by a vendor who takes care of the kernel on the device. It basically protects the condition of the device and fully verifies the integrity of the boot and recovery partitions.
In short, whenever you turn on or restart your Android device, the handset first displays the boot screen or boot logo with reference to the brand and tells the hardware and boot partitions to either boot into the system. Or boot into recovery / fastboot mode. According to this, by default, every Android smartphone OEM releases its devices with a locked boot loader for various security reasons.
Now, as an Android user, it’s your choice to either stay with a locked bootloader without heavily customizing your handset, or go through the flow of unlimited customizations by manually unlocking the bootloader.
Why do you need an unlocked bootloader?
Some bootloaders may have an extra layer of security that loads the operating system only after approval. The correct way to check and verify unauthorized software varies from device to device but the working process or effects are the same. When using a locked bootloader, it is clear that you cannot run third-party systems or firmware on the device.
Therefore, an unlocked boot loader is required to root your Android device without any problems or to install modules or flash third-party firmware (Autor Market ROM). When you inbox your handset and boot it for the first time, it runs on a locked boot loader provided by the manufacturer because they do not want you to have any other firmware on the device in any way. Run the software.
However, these days some manufacturers provide users with an official way or help to easily unlock the device bootloader. While some OEMs now offer warranty support to their devices even after unlocking the bootloader. The process of unlocking the bootloader is quite simple for most users but you will need to take appropriate steps.
There are some of the pre-requirements mentioned below that you should follow properly before jumping into the bootloader unlocking process. Such as
1. You Need PC or Laptop
You’ll require a PC or Laptop in order to connect your Micromax device with it using a USB data cable. Once connected, you’ll be able to use the ADB & Fastboot tools easily.
2. Charge Your Device
Make sure to charge your handset before jumping into the steps below. Keep at least 50% of charge to ensure that the process goes smooth without any occasional shutdowns.
3. Install ADB and Fastboot Binaries
ADB is necessary to allow you to root or modify your device system files by using the commands properly. While the Fastboot is required to modify the phone’s firmware by sending commands to it. You can download ADB Fastboot tools here.
4. Install USB Drivers
USB Drivers are also required to easily connect and create a communication bridge between the mobile device and a computer after connecting via the USB cable. It ensures stable connectivity while flashing or transferring files between the mobile device and the computer or vice versa. Here you’ll require the Micromax USB Drivers for your handset.
5. Use Original USB Cable
Well, using an original USB cable can help you to easily connect and maintain a strong communication status between the device and the PC. If you’re using a third-party local USB cable then you may experience connectivity loss or flashing failed errors or data transferring issues sometimes.
6. Enable USB Debugging / Enable OEM Unlock
It’s also necessary for you to turn on the USB Debugging as well as enable the OEM Unlock option on your handset before connecting and using the ADB Fastboot method. To do so:
- Open the Settings menu on your handset.
- Now, go to the About Phone section > Scroll down to the bottom and you’ll find Build Number.
- Tap on it for 7 times quickly and the Developer Options will be enabled on your phone.
- Next, go back to the Settings page again, and search for Developer Options.
- Here you’ll need to tap on it and turn on the USB Debugging toggle.
- Once done, make sure to scroll down a bit, and turn on the Allow OEM Unlocking toggle as well.
- After enabling both options, you can close the Settings page.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Micromax Smartphone
Warning: GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for any kind of issues or errors that you may experience while or after following this guide. Make sure to take a complete backup of the device data and do it at your own risk.
Please Note: Take a full backup of the necessary data from your device first. The bootloader unlocking process will wipe out all the internal data completely.
1. Boot Into Fastboot mode
- Make sure that you’ve already downloaded the ADB and Fastboot tool on your PC. If not, do this first.
- Now, extract the ADB and Fastboot tool zip file on your PC.
- Then connect your Micromax handset to the computer using a USB data cable.
- Next, wait for the computer to detect the connected device.
- Once done, the USB driver will be installed on the PC.
- Go to the extracted ADB and Fastboot folder on the PC > Now, press the Shift key + Right-click on the mouse.
- Select the Open PowerShell window here from the popup. If prompted by UAC, click on Yes to allow admin access.
- Then type the following command line inside the PowerShell window and hit Enter to check whether your device is connected to ADB or not:
- If you see a popup on the device screen to Allow USB Debugging on your phone, tap on OK to proceed.
- Type the following command line and hit Enter to restart your device into bootloader:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your device reboots into the bootloader, it’ll show the locked status.
Now, you’re ready to follow the method to Unlock Bootloader on your Micromax device below.
2. Instructions to Unlock Bootloader
- Type the following command line to check if the device is connected properly or not. This will also check whether the fastboot drivers are installed or not.
- This command will show you the list of connected devices on the screen. If the serial number of your connected device shows up, you can follow the next step. [If the serial number isn’t showing, that means either the drivers aren’t properly installed or you have skipped any step. So, make sure to retry the previous steps.
- Once the device has been recognized by the command, you can press the Volume Down button on the phone to navigate to the BOOT TO DOWNLOAD MODE option.
- Now, press the Power key to select this option.
- Type the following command and hit Enter to execute bootloader unlocking: [any one]
fastboot flashing unlock
fastboot oem unlock
- You’ll get a confirmation message on the screen of your Micromax model.
- Just navigate to Yes and press the Power button to confirm unlocking the bootloader.
- Let the process be completed. Once done, your handset will reboot into the bootloader mode automatically.
- Now, type the following command and hit Enter to reboot your device into the system normally:
- You’re done. Enjoy!
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, feel free to ask in the comment below.
[su_button url=”https://t.me/getdroidroms” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#0064c9″ size=”7″]Join us on telegram[/su_button]