Samsung added its modern-day technology clamshell aka Galaxy Z Flip three in August 2021. The tech organization additionally added new foldable phones. Samsung has made the brand new Galaxy Z Flip three near perfect. The tool is a balanced mixture of portability, hardware, and performance. If you’ve got got a Galaxy Z Flip three and are seeking out a rooting manual, this manual is for you. Here you’ll realize the way to root Galaxy Z Flip three and the way to release the bootloader of Galaxy Z Flip.
The first-gen of Galaxy turn increases many doubts if it may manage the surroundings of getting used as each day motive force without breaking, however, the smartphone grew to become out great. Of Course, there have been a few troubles because it become the primary display screen turn telecellsmartphone. But it looks as if all people is liking the modern-day Galaxy Z Flip three. It comes with a larger cowl display screen in comparison to preceding turn phones. In a way, you’ll have greater customization alternatives like widgets and wallpapers. Samsung Galaxy Z Flip three is a top-rate telecellsmartphone with a fabulous layout and first-rate performance. Since its shape aspect is one of a kind, you’ll need to attempt a few one of a kind forms of customizations. And that is in which root privilege kicks in. You can root Galaxy Z Flip three for adjustments and customizations. We may even proportion the way to release bootloader of Galaxy Z Flip three.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3
Rooting Samsung phones is not as easy as it used to be. It is now complex and small mistakes can brick your phone. But there is already a flash tool for Samsung that can help in these situations. Despite all these issues rooting a phone is worth it as it opens the door for advanced customizations and features that are not available by default. And as rooting requires an unlocked bootloader, first let’s check how to unlock the bootloader of Galaxy Z Flip 3.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Unlock Bootloader
Bootloader is a security feature on Android phones but it also restricts you from modifying your phone like rooting or installing custom ROMs. So to root the phone first you have to unlock the bootloader. Each OEM has a different process for unlocking the bootloader. If you don’t know, Samsung has restricted the camera function on Galaxy Z Fold 3 on unlocking the bootloader. Luckily no Galaxy Z Flip 3 user has reported this issue. So you can follow the guide to unlocking the bootloader of Galaxy Z Flip 3.
Note: Samsung doesn’t allow unlocking bootloaders of Galaxy phones with Snapdragon processors in most of the regions. Confirm if your phone comes with the option to unlock the bootloader.
- First, take a full backup of your Galaxy Z Flip3 as unlocking bootloader will delete all data from your device.
- Once you have the backup, open Settings on your phone and go to About Phone > Software Information. Look for Build Number and Tap on it about 7-8 times to enable developer options. It will show ‘You are now a developer’.
- Go back to the main Settings and then go to Additional Settings > Developer Options. Now enable OEM unlocking in Developer Options. Also enable USB Debugging just in case.
- After enabling the OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging power off your device. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down and connect your phone to your PC.
- It will show a Warning screen on your phone, and now you can release both buttons. Now long press Volume Up button and Galaxy Z Flip 3 will show the bootloader screen.
- Long press the Volume Up button once again and now the unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 will start and wipe all data. Reboot your phone.
After unlocking the bootloader you can verify for the OEM unlocking by checking the unlock mode in download mode. And once everything looks fine, you can proceed with rooting steps. But make sure to go through the prerequisite section.
- Take a full backup of your phone before rooting to ensure no data loss
- Download Magisk APK
- Download Odin Flash Tool
- Make sure the bootloader is unlocked on your phone
- Download the Galaxy Z Flip 3 firmware (use Samsung Downloader or Frija) – same version as your Phone
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver
Steps to Root Galaxy Z Flip 3 with Magisk
- Extract the downloaded Galaxy Z Flip3 on your computer and check for the AP file (file starting with AP). Now extract the boot image (boot.img.lz4) from AP file. And convert the file to tar format using 7 Zip.
- Copy the boot tar file to your phone.
- Install Magisk app on your phone. Skip this step if the app is already installed on your device.
- Open the app on your phone and click on Install.
- A pop up will appear, where you need to choose ‘Select and Patch a File’.
- Browse and select the boot tar file and wait for the patching process. It can take a few seconds to patch the file. The output will be saved in download folder as magisk_patched.tar.
- Copy the patched tar file to your PC. Boot your phone into download mode.
- Open the Odin Flash Tool on your PC. On the right side of the tool, load the magisk patched file in AP. Make sure to uncheck Auto Reboot in Options tab.
- After completing all the previous steps, click on the Start button (considering your phone is connected to PC). It will start flashing the patched Magisk file to your phone.
- It will give a Pass message on completion and your device will reboot. Do a factory reset, if the device is stuck in bootloop.
- After reboot, turn on the internet connection on your phone. Install Magisk Manager if it’s not present on your phone. Open the app and perform the steps that come in a dialog box.
[su_button url=”https://t.me/getdroidroms” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#0064c9″ size=”7″]Join us on telegram[/su_button]