Recently Nothing launched its first Android phone Nothing Phone 1 in the market. The Nothing Phone (1) comes with a 6.55-inch OLED of 1080p resolution and 120Hz refresh, powered by Snapdragon 778G+ 5 and unique Glyph illumination interface on the back. But we are not here to discuss phone details, today here we will discuss how to unlock Nothing Phone 1 bootloader. The best part of Nothing phone 1 is that you can easily unlock Nothing phone 1 bootloader and that too. In minutes, without waiting, no need to take permission, etc.
If you have ever unlocked bootloader of Pixel phone or Oneplus phone, then it will be easy for you to unlock phone 1 bootloader. Because the process is same and you need to run fastboot command to unlock phone bootloader. Below is the complete guide with all the files you need to get started on your phone and PC. A subtle note this process will erase all data from your phone, so take a complete backup of your phone and read all the steps very carefully.
How to unlock the bootloader of the Nothing Phone 1
Once the phone is unlocked you can install custom recovery on the phone, even you can root the phone with the help of magisk manager. Here’s how to get started:
Requirements to Unlock BOOTLOADER
- Do take a full backup of your phone that prevents any data loss during the bootloader unlocking process.
- You need to install ADB fastboot Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Unzip Platform Tools on your PC, to run the Fastboot Commands
- Now, go to ‘Settings > About Phone > Software Info > tap on the Build number 7 times until it says you’re now a developer.
- Now enable USB Debugging mode and OEM Unlocking mode on your phone. Go to Settings > System > Developer Option and enable both options.
- Now follow the below mention steps and commands to Unlock bootloader of the Nothing Phone 1
Step to Unlock Nothing Phone 1 Bootloader
1. Connect your Nothing Phone 1 to your PC. Make sure all the above mention drivers are installed on your PC.
2. Now open the Platform Tools folder and Open Command Prompt window on the folder, by typing cmd on the address bar of the platform tool folder.
3. Now, reboot to the bootloader menu. You can either do this by holding the power and volume down buttons while booting up, or by entering the following ADB command:
adb reboot bootloader
4. Once your phone is the bootloader mode. You have to run the following command to unlock bootloader.
fastboot flashing unlock
- In case you need to flash low-level firmware partitions like the bootloader images, you will have to execute another command afterwards:
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
5. Now you will see the text warning on your phone screen, press the volume up key until it says “unlock the bootloader.” Once it says this, press the power button.
6. The phone will unlock the bootloader and reboot back to the bootloader menu. This time, the bootloader will show a red warning icon and “unlocked” text.
7. Now time to reboot the phone. Enter the following command to reboot the phone.
Congratulations, your Nothing Phone 1 now has an unlocked bootloader! So this is how you can unlock bootloader of your new Nothing Phone 1.