38 total views, 1 views today
Xiaomi 11T series is the latest flagship phone series from Xiaomi. There are two models in the series – Xiaomi 11T and Xiaomi 11T Pro. These are the first two phones without Mi branding. Earlier Xiaomi revealed that now there will be Xiaomi branding and not Mi branding. Both come with some impressive specifications. And if you already have 11T or 11T Pro, this guide is for you. Here you will know how to root Xiaomi 11T Pro and how to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi 11T Pro.
ou can follow this guide for both Pro and non-Pro models. The Xiaomi 11T Pro is the flagship model whereas the Xiaomi 11T is a more affordable option. Both phones are designed well and look cool. Both Xiaomi 11T and 11T Pro have a 6.67-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate. The Xiaomi 11T Pro comes with a Snapdragon 888 SoC whereas the 11T comes with MediaTek Dimensity 1200 SoC. Both phones run on Android 11 based MIUI 12.5 out of the box.
Talking about cameras, both have impressive setups. Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro and 11T come with three rear cameras including 108MP+8MP+5MP sensors. And at the front, both phones have a single 16MP selfie camera. With amazing specs, obviously, these phones will perform better, but many system features will be locked by default. And you can get those features by rooting Mi 11T Pro and 11T. Along with rooting, here you will also know how to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi 11T Pro.
How to Root Xiaomi 11T Pro
Xiaomi phones are so popular among custom developers that within a month of the phone release you get to see custom ROMs and Recoveries. Also, you can get various modules for the device in a few weeks. You don’t need to root your phone if you only want to install custom ROM and Recovery. But for modules and advanced features, you will need to root Xiaomi 11T Pro. But for any modification, you need to first unlock bootloader of Xiaomi 11T Pro.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi 11T Pro
Xiaomi phones come with locked bootloader by default. This is a security feature on every Android phone. This is a useful feature but it also locks features and files that we can’t modify by default. And so you will need to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi 11T Pro to root it. Luckily Xiaomi allows users to unlock bootloader without any long process. Let’s now jump to the steps.
- Start with taking a full backup of your phone as the Unlocking bootloader process will wipe all the data.
- Download the official Mi Unlock Tool on your PC. Also, install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Next open Settings on your Xiaomi phone and Sign in to Mi Account. Then wait for at least 7 days. You can also try without waiting for 7 days.
- Go to Settings > Mi Account > Mi Cloud and enable ‘Sync’ & ‘Find Device.’ Also, Sync all Apps data at least once.
- Now open Settings again and then go to About Phone. Tap 7-8 times continuously on the MIUI version, and it will display ‘You are now a developer’.
- To open developer options, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In developer options, enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging in the developer options.
- Turn on the internet connection on your phone with the same number that you used in the Mi account (this will help to unlock easily). Then again, go to the Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status and link your Mi Account.
- Now switch off your device, then long press Volume Down + Power button together to boot Xiaomi 11T Pro into Fastboot mode. Let go of both buttons when the Mi Bunny image shows up on the phone screen.
- After that, connect your Computer to the Internet, then open the Mi Unlock Tool and sign in with the same Mi account that you are using on your Xiaomi 11T Pro.
- The tool will detect your phone and then click on the ‘Unlock Now’ button.
- It will now unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi 11T Pro, and this will erase all the data.
After unlocking the bootloader of Xiaomi 11T Pro, you can verify from developer options or you can also check using fastboot commands. Now you are good to proceed with rooting steps starting with requirements.
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk APK
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver (Skip if already installed)
- Take a full backup before beginning the process
- Download Xiaomi 11T / 11T Pro firmware (The same version that is installed on your phone)
Steps to Root Xiaomi 11T Pro with Magisk
- Copy the downloaded Xiaomi 11T or 11T Pro firmware to your computer and extract the boot.img file. You can use 7Zip or WinRAR.
- Now install the Magisk app on your phone.
- Open the app and click on the Install.
- In the next step choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option.
- Select the boot.img that you copied earlier. It will start patching the boot image.
- You can find the output magisk_patched.img file in the download folder.
- Copy the output file to your computer in folder C:\adb. Also, rename the patched file to boot.img. If you are using platform tools, copy the file to the platform tools folder.
- Now reboot your Xiaomi 11T Pro to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
- In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder) press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- You can check if the device is connected or not by entering the below command that should return some device id.
- Now enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Xiaomi 11T Pro.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image, reboot your device to the system.
- Install Magisk Manager if it’s not already installed.
- Complete the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
You can confirm root access on your phone using any root checker or even the Magisk app. And once you confirm the root access, you can go ahead and enjoy all the features that require root access. You can use various Xposed Modules for advanced customization. But for modules, you also need to install Xposed Framework on your phone.
So, there you have it, the complete guide on how to root Redmi 10 and how to unlock bootloader of Redmi 10. If you have any queries regarding the root guide, let us know in the comment section.