In this guide, we will show you the steps to root your Vivo iQOO Neo 6 via Magisk Patched Boot.img. This device from the Chinese OEM has been quite popular among the common users. A power-packed offering that checks most conditions but without burning a hole in your pockets, a rise in popularity was already on the cards. However, it has not been able to replicate the same success in custom development, all thanks to restrictions imposed by OEMs.
But the developers took matters into their own hands and managed to find a nifty solution through which you can easily unlock the bootloader. Once this is done, the next and most preferred method for a tech enthusiast is to root Vivo iQOO Neo 6 via Magisk Patched Boot.img to gain administrative access. And in this guide, we’ll show you how to do just that. So without further ado, let’s begin.
Advantage of Rooting
Once you’ve rooted your device by flashing the Magisk patched boot.img via fastboot commands, you’ll be in a position to try out a host of customizations on your device. These include flashing custom ROMs, installing a custom recovery like TWRP, or flashing a custom kernel. Along the same lines, you can also flash Magisk Modules, Xposed Framework, Substratum Themes, Viper4Android and the likes. However, this is only one side of the story.
How to Root Vivo iQOO Neo 6 with Magisk
Install Android SDK
Download : Link
Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Unlock Bootloader on Vivo iQOO Neo 6
Extract Stock Boot.img
- To begin with, download the stock firmware for your device.
- Make sure to download the same version that is currently installed on your device.
- Once downloaded, extract it to any convenient location on your PC.
- Then copy the boot.img file from there and transfer it to your device.
Patch Vivo iQOO Neo 6 Stock Boot.img via Magisk
- Download and install the latest version of the Magisk App.
- Then launch it and tap on the Install button next to Magisk.
- After that, choose ‘Select and Patch a File’, navigate to the stock boot.img file, and select it.
- Then tap on the Let’s Go button situated at the top right.
- The boot.img file will now be patched and placed under the Downloads folder on your device.
- You should transfer this file to the platform-tools folder on your PC. We will now be using this file to root your Vivo T1 5G.
Boot Vivo iQOO Neo 6 to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
Flash Magisk Patched Boot.img and Root Vivo iQOO Neo 6
- To begin with, make sure that you have transferred the magisk_patched.img file to the platform-tools folder.
- Now type in the below command in the CMD window (that is opened inside the platform-tools folder) to flash the Magisk Patched file:
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- Once that is done, reboot your device to the OS via the following command
That’s it. These were the steps to root Vivo iQOO Neo 6 via Magisk patched boot.img. Let us know in the comments if you have any queries regarding the above steps. We will contact you with a solution as soon as possible.