Rooting is the way to get super rights on Android device, it means after rooting the phone you have full right (sudo) to perform any system task.
Tecno Pova 3 smartphone runs on Android 12 and is powered by Mediatek helio G88 processor. It is a dual SIM smartphone with nano SIM cards, connectivity options include GPS, Wi-Fi, hotspot, Bluetooth etc. The device comes with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage which can be expanded via SD card.
- unlock bootloader
- ROM2box and Required USB Driver: Download
- all userdata will be erased, must make a backup before process
- we strongly suggest below method (boot.img dump) because boot.img from a different firmware version may cause bootloop or you can use from same version.
- The boot image is NOT the bootloader image. do not confuse between them flashing the wrong image to bootloader could brick your device.
How to Root Tecno Pova 3:
- Install USBDK and Mediatek driver on Your computer
- Download & Extract ROM2box
- Run ROM2Box.exe
- Click Mediatek/Firmware Reader!
- mark “Full Firmware”
- click ‘START’ button
- Once the process Started, turn Phone OFF, Now together Press Volume up + down key & Insert USB, Once Phone detected Immediate Release key (make sure your phone stable in device manager)
- done, it will take 15Min
- Move boot.bin (rename it boot.img) from ROM2box/out folder to your phone
- on Phone Install Magisk Manager
- Now patch boot.img using Magisk and Move back it to computer, Platform tools or ROM2box folder
- Open CMD on same folder
- Now We check if device support dual slot
fastboot getvar current-slot
- if return with value ‘a or b’ meaning device support dual slot
- let’s write patched boot image to both slot
fastboot flash boot_ab boot.img
if you have not write vbmeta earlier then write it like this
fastboot set_active a fastboot flash vbmeta_b vbmeta.img fastboot set_active a
fixing any bootloop issue: just set alternative slot, if a is active we set b or if b is active we set a
fastboot set_active a fastboot set_active b
Single Slot device:
- in earlier steps we check for a slot, if the return value is not A or B meaning device does not support slot, let’s flash boot image to boot partition.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
done, Your have Successfully root your phone.