In this guide, we are able to display you the stairs to root the Redmi Note eleven 5G/Note 11T 5G through Magisk patched boot.img. With the cutting-edge addition to the Note family, this time around there may be a truckload of the latest and interesting functions to appear ahead to. Even the specification sheets boast of a few incredible and power-packed characteristic sets. Up to 8GB of RAM, a huge 500mAh battery, a 50MP camera, and a first-rate MediaTek Dimensity 810 5G chipset might without problems manipulate to without problems checkmark maximum of the necessities from the list.
Likewise, those gadgets have stayed proper to the USP of Chinese OEM of being an energetic player in custom development. Be it for flashing custom binaries or having access to the device partition, there’s plenty to appear ahead to. Talking approximately the latter, there exist specific approaches- both flash the Magisk ZIP through TWRP or flash the patched boot.img through Fastboot. In this guide, we are able to be choosing the latter method. Given right here are the specific preparation steps to root the Redmi Note eleven 5G/Note 11T 5G through Magisk patched boot.img.
Benefits and Risks of Rooting
Once you root your device by flashing the Magisk patched boot.img via Fastboot Commands, you will be in a position to try out a plethora of customizations on your device. These include the likes of flashing custom ROMs, installing a custom recovery like TWRP, or flashing a custom kernel. Along the same lines, you could also flash Magisk Modules, Xposed Framework, Substratum Themes, Viper4Android, and the likes. However, this is just one side of the story.
How to Root Redmi Note 11 5G/Note 11T 5G via Magisk
The below instructions are listed under separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow in the exact same sequence as mentioned below. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
Install Android SDK
To begin with, install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode.
On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking process. So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on MIUI Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 11 5G/Note 11T 5G
You will also have to unlock the bootloader on your Redmi Note 11 5G/Note 11T 5G device if you wish to root it via Magisk without using TWRP. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data and might make the device’s warranty null and void as well.
Download Redmi Note 11 5G/Note 11T 5G Fastboot ROM
Next up, download the Fastboot ROM for your device. Make sure to download the same firmware version that is currently installed onto your device. You may either download the same from the MI official site or via third-party sites such as Xiaomi Firmware Updater. As for this guide, I am using the Redmi Note 11 Fastboot Stable ROM version V184.108.40.206.RGBCNXM [Direct Download Link].
Extract Stock Boot.img
Once you have downloaded the ROM, extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Once extracted, go to the Images folder. Within that, you should see all the partition files in IMG format. Copy the boot.img file and send it to your device.
Patch Redmi Note 11 5G/Note 11T 5G Stock Boot.img via Magisk
- First off, install the Magisk App onto your Redmi Note 11/Pro/Pro+ so that we could patch the stock boot.img and hence root it without TWRP.
- Then tap on the Install button situated next to Magisk.
- From the Method section, choose Select and Patch a file.
- Browse to the extracted boot.img file and select it.
- Then tap on the Let’s Go option situated at the top right.
- Magisk will now load the boot.img file and will patch it accordingly. Once that is done, you would get the Download Complete message.
- The patched boot image file will be saved in Internal Storage > Downloads. Make sure to rename it to magisk_patched.img, if that is already not the case.
Boot Redmi Note 11 5G/Note 11T 5G to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
You should now see the famous MI Bunny Logo along with the Fastboot text written underneath it, signifying that the device has successfully booted to Fastboot. Let’s now move over to the final set of instructions and root Redmi Note 11 5G/Note 11T 5G via Magisk without using TWRP Recovery.
Flash Magisk Patched Boot.img and Root Redmi Note 11 5G/Note 11T 5G
- To begin with, make sure that you have transferred the magisk_patched.img file to the platform-tools folder.
- Now type in the below command in the CMD window (that is opened inside the platform-tools folder) to flash the Magisk Patched file:fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- Once that is done, reboot your device to the OS via the following command:fastboot reboot
That’s it. These were the steps to root the Redmi Note 11 5G/Note 11T 5G devices via Magisk without using TWRP Recovery. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
[su_button url=”https://t.me/getdroidroms” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#0064c9″ size=”7″]Join us on telegram[/su_button]