How to Root Realme Narzo 30 5G
A user can have his or her own reason for rooting the phone. Rooting an Android phone is still beneficial in many cases. It brings support for many advanced features that come into use in modification or in the development process. Realme phones are not popular on receiving custom ROMs, but you can root Realme phones for getting features like custom ROMs. As you know rooting requires an unlocked bootloader, first let’s check how to unlock the bootloader of Narzo 30 5G.
Realme Narzo 30 5G Unlock Bootloader
Like other Android phones, Realme phones also come with a locked bootloader. And sadly Realme doesn’t officially allow unlocking bootloader on many phones. For unlocking the bootloader of Realme phones, users need to have an unlock apk. Luckily there is an unlock apk that also works with Narzo 30 5G phone. So we will use that unlock app to unlock the bootloader of Narzo 30 5G.
- Unlocking the bootloader will wipe all the data, so take a full backup of your phone.
- Go to Settings > About Phone on your phone. And tap Build Number 7-8 times to enable developer options.
- Now open Developer Options in Settings and enable OEM Unlocking.
- Install the Realme Narzo 30 Unlock APK (Deep Testing app) on your phone. And then update the unlock app with this apk.
- You will need to install ADB & Fastboot drivers or use the platform tools folder on your computer.
- Now open the Deep testing app on your phone and click on Start Applying.
- On the next screen, check the box and click on Submit Application. Now, wait for at least 15 minutes. It can even take a day for verification.
- Open the unlock App and tap on Query Verification Status at the top right corner.
- Then tap on the ‘Start the in-depth test,’ and the Realme Narzo 30 5G will boot into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone with the computer. Now open the Command window on your computer and enter the below command one by one. Open cmd from platform tools if you have not installed adb & fastboot drivers.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flashing unlock
- It will prompt an option on your phone, so select unlock bootloader or yes. It will start unlocking the bootloader and wipe your phone data.
After unlocking the bootloader, set up your device. And once you confirm the bootloader status, you can proceed with rooting steps. Let’s start with the requirements.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Realme Narzo 30 5G Firmware (the same version that installed on your phone)
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk apk on your phone
Steps to Root Narzo 30 5G with Magisk
- Extract the Realme Narzo firmware. And copy the boot.img to your phone.
- Now install the Magisk app on your phone.
- Then open the Magisk app and click on the Install.
- In the next step choose ‘Select and Patch a File‘ from the option.
- Browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- After patching the file will be stored in the download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb or platform tools. And rename the patched file to boot.img.
- Reboot your Realme Narzo 30 5G to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
- Go to C:\adb folder or platform-tools folder (where the boot file is located). And in the file address bar type CMD and press enter.
- You can check if the device is connected or not by entering the below command that should return some device id.
- Now enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Realme Narzo 30 5G.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image. reboot your device to the system.
- Install Magisk app if it’s not already installed.
- Complete the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
After rooting your Narzo 30 5G, you can verify using any root checker app or Magisk itself. Once you have root access to your phone, you can enjoy all the apps and features that ask for root privilege.
[su_button url=”https://t.me/getdroidroms” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#0064c9″ size=”7″]Join us on telegram[/su_button]