Realme Narzo is the budget Android phone series since 2020. And Realme Narzo 10 is among the few phones of the series. Recently Realme released the full kernel source of Narzo 10 including the unlock apk for Narzo 10. It means you can root your phone and also you can install custom ROMs, Recoveries if available. Here you will know how to root Realme Narzo 10 and how to unlock bootloader of Realme Narzo 10.
Realme Narzo 10 will soon receive the Android 11 update. But we don’t know the exact timing. And if you can’t wait long for updates, then you have the option to follow custom development works like custom ROMs. It will let you enjoy the latest features without getting official updates which generally takes ages to arrive. Also, you can root your Realme Narzo 10 for such features.
Realme Narzo 10 is still an amazing phone and if you own this device this guide is for you. The phone packs some good hardware like Helio G80 processor, 4GB LPDDR4x, 128GB storage, 6.5-inch HD+, Quad Rear camera setup (48+8+2+2MP), 16MP front camera, 5000mAh battery with 18W charging, etc. And with this specification rooting will let you enhance the device performance. In this root guide, we will also share how to unlock bootloader of Realme Narzo 10.
How to Root Realme Narzo 10
Realme phones are hard to root and just one mistake can break your phone. Unfortunately, there is an official flash tool but not for Narzo 10. It means you cannot use it to fix your Narzo 10. It is one thing we can at least expect from a big company but here Realme disappoints its users. But you can fic your phone by going to the service center. But if you follow the right steps you don’t have to visit the service center at all. Rooting comes with many benefits such as custom fonts, custom boot animation, third-party themes, and more. But to root Narzo 10, you have to first unlock bootloader of Realme Narzo 10. So, let’s first start with the Bootloader guide.
Realme Narzo 10 Unlock Bootloader
Realme phones come with locked bootloader by default. And we cannot root Realme phones without unlocking the bootloader. Luckily Realme just released the unlock apk for Realme Narzo 10 which allows us to unlock bootloader of Narzo 10. Also, its Kernel source is now available which means we can see some custom ROMs and custom Recoveries for the device. It is a mandatory requirement if you want to root your phone. So let’s check how to unlock the bootloader of Realme Narzo 10.
- To unlock the bootloader, take a full backup of your Realme Narzo 10 as unlocking bootloader will wipe all data from your phone.
- Go to About Phone in Settings and tap 7-8 times in Build Number to enable Developer Options.
- Now go to Developer Options and enable OEM Unlocking.
- Download the Realme Narzo 10 Unlock APK (Deep Testing app) on your phone.
- Install the Unlock app on your Realme Narzo 10. Also, Install the ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Now open the Deep testing app on your phone and click on Start Applying.
- On the next screen, check the box and click on Submit Application. Now, wait for at least 15 minutes.
- Open the unlock App and tap on Query Verification Status at the top right corner.
- Then tap on the ‘Start the in-depth test,’ and the Realme Narzo 10 will boot into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone with the computer. Now open the Command window on your computer and enter the below command one by one.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flashing unlock
- It will prompt an option on your phone, so select unlock bootloader or yes. It will start unlocking the bootloader and wipe your phone data.
After unlocking the bootloader, you can verify it from developer options. The oem unlocking should be enabled and once the bootloader is unlocked you can root your phone. Let’s now check the steps to root realme narzo 10 starting with requirements.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Realme Narzo 10 Firmware (the same version that installed on your phone)
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk apk on your phone
Steps to Root Realme Narzo 10 with Magisk
Rooting an Android phone is now easier with the latest Magisk app from John Wu. In fact, it is the only reliable source for rooting and Android phones. It’s one of the advantages is, it doesn’t require a custom recovery for rooting and Android phones. And so here in this Realme Narzo 10 root guide, we will be using Magisk. The modification of any phone is not officially allowed and make sure you are rooting your phone at your own risk as you may end up bricking your phone. Follow the steps carefully.
- First, extract the boot.img file from Realme Narzo 10 firmware. You can use 7Zip or WinRAR.
- Now install the Magisk app on your phone.
- Open the Magisk app and click on the Install.
- In the next step choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option.
- Browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- The output file will be stored in the download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb. Also, rename the patched file to boot.img.
- Reboot your Realme Narzo 10 to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
- In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder) press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- You can check if the device is connected or not by entering the below command that should return some device id.
- Now enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Realme Narzo 10.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image. reboot your device to the system.
- Install Magisk Manager if it’s not already installed.
- Complete the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
After completing all the steps, install any root checker app to check the root status on Realme Narzo 10. Once the device shows root access, you can use all the apps and features that ask for root permission. You can also modify your phone by using different Xposed Modules. Also check out our guide to install Xposed Framework on Android phone.
[su_button url=”https://t.me/getdroidroms” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#0064c9″ size=”7″]Join us on telegram[/su_button]