53 total views, 1 views today
Poco has recently released two GT models, Poco X3 GT and Poco F3 GT. We have already shared the Google Camera for Poco X3 GT and here we are back with its root guide. Here you will know how to root Poco X3 GT and how to unlock bootloader of Poco X3 GT.
The Poco X3 GT is the most recent phone in the Poco phone lineup, at least till the time of writing this article. Poco X3 is a popular series and the addition of the GT model will be even better for the OEM as well as users.
Poco X3 GT features a 6.6-inch FHD+ display with a 120Hz refresh rate. Now the higher refresh rate is more common even on budget phones so it is no surprise. It is a 5G phone that comes with MediaTek Dimensity 1100 SoC along with Mali-G77 MC9 GPU. The phone is coupled with 8GB RAM and 126/256GB Storage.
Since it’s a Xiaomi phone it runs on the MIUI which lets you access tons of themes for customizations. But the UI feels cluttered and many would like to change to custom ROMs or even Xiaomi.eu ROM which is free of bloatwares. But if not that many users will go for rooting as it gives you more control over your phone. We will also share how to unlock bootloader of Poco X3 GT which is required for all the above tasks.
How to Root Poco X3 GT
The need of rooting Android phones is still there for users who want to customize their phones and access system-level settings. Rooting is extending the privilege on Android phones, just like Jailbreak on iPhones. It brings many advanced features along with basic features like custom fonts, custom boot animation, third party themes, and more. But as you know, to root Poco X3 GT, you need to first unlock the bootloader of Poco X3 GT. So let’s first check the bootloader guide.
Unlock Bootloader of Poco X3 GT
Xiaomi phone comes with locked bootloader by default like other Android phones from different OEMs. It means, by default you can not root or install custom ROMs on your phone. So if you are looking for rooting, you need to first unlock bootloader. Luckily Xiaomi allows users to unlock bootloader with an easy process. So let’s check the steps to unlock bootloader of Poco X3 GT.
- This will delete all the data from your phone so take a full backup of your Poco X3 GT.
- Download the Mi Unlock Tool on your PC. Also, install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your PC.
- Now open Settings on your phone and login to Mi Account and wait for at least 7 days. And if already logged in for more than 7 days, you can skip this step. You can even try without waiting.
- Then go to Settings > Mi Account > Mi Cloud and enable ‘Sync’ & ‘Find Device’. Sync all App data at least once.
- Now enable developer options by tapping 7 times on the MIUI version in About Phone Settings. It will display ‘You are now a developer.’
- Go back to Settings and then go to Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In developer options, enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Connect your device to the active internet connection with the same number that you used in the Mi account. Then, go to Mi Unlock Status (in developer options) and link your Mi Account.
- Now boot your Poco X3 GT into Fastboot mode. To do this, turn off your phone and then press & hold Volume Down + Power button together and release buttons when the Mi Bunny image shows up on the phone.
- Connect your PC to an active Internet connection. Then open the Mi Unlock Tool and sign in with the same Mi account that you are using on your Poco X3 GT.
- The tool will detect your phone and after that click on the ‘Unlock Now’ button.
- It will now start unlocking the bootloader of Xiaomi Poco X3 GT, and it will erase all the data.
Note: If the tool stops at 99%, then wait for a few days and try again with the same method.
After unlocking the bootloader on Poco X3 GT, go to developer options and check if OEM Unlocking is enabled after the restart. After verifying you are good to proceed with the rooting steps. Make sure to check out the requirement section.
- Make sure to unlock Bootloader of Poco X3 GT
- Take a full backup of data to restore if anything goes wrong
- Download Magisk APK
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on PC (You can also use Platform tools)
- Download Poco X3 GT firmware (the same version which is installed)
Steps to Root Poco X3 GT
- Install the Magisk apk on your phone.
- Extract the boot.img file from the Poco X3 GT Firmware on your PC. Copy the boot.img to your phone storage.
- Open the Magisk app and click on the Install next to Magisk.
- In the next screen, choose ‘Select and Patch a File’.
- Now browse and select the boot.img file. It will start patching the file.
- After complete patching, you will find the patched file in the Download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the patched file to your computer at location C:\adb (or Platform tools folder). And rename the file to boot.img.
- Power off your Xiaomi Poco X3 GT and boot into Fastboot mode (use the guide given in unlock bootloader steps). Connect your phone to the computer when it is in Fastboot mode.
- Go to the C:\adb folder (or Platform tools) and change the address to CMD and press enter to open Command Window.
- Enter the below commands on your Command/PowerShell window to check if it is connected, it should return id.
- Once it is connected, enter the below command to root Poco X3 GT.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot file, Reboot your phone into the system using the below command.
- When the device boots into the system, open the Magisk app, and follow the in-app instructions.
- That’s all, now your Poco X3 GT is successfully rooted.
After following the root process, check for root access using any third-party root checker app. And once you verify the access, you can enjoy all the apps and features that ask for root privilege. You can use all Xposed Modules on your phone. You will need an Xposed Framework for this.
So there you have the complete guide on how to root Poco X3 GT along with a guide to unlock bootloader on Poco X3 GT. If you have any questions on your mind let us know in the comment section.