In this guide, we are able to display you the stairs to root your Poco M4 Pro tool thru Magisk patched boot.img. When the Chinese OEM to start with released a separate Poco lineup, it controlled to set up itself from some of the crowds because of its particular promoting proposition. Costly a tad bit better than its Redmi counterpart however additionally presenting an equal quantity of more goodies, those gadgets had created their very own dependable fanbase. However, rapid ahead today, and its miles simply getting used as a local differentiator for Redmi gadgets.
The POCO M4 Pro is only a rebranded Global model of the Chinese Note eleven and Indian Note 11T. But even done, it’s miles nonetheless appearing pretty decently in custom development. Be it for flashing custom ROMs, putting in a custom recovery, or having access to the gadget partition vis Magisk, there are lots to appear ahead to. And as of now, our attention may be on the latter one. In this tutorial, we are able to display you the designated practice steps to root your Poco M4 Pro tool thru Magisk patched boot.img. Follow along.
Benefits and Risks of Rooting
Once you root your device by flashing the Magisk patched boot.img via Fastboot Commands, you will be in a position to try out a plethora of customizations on your device. These include the likes of flashing custom ROMs, installing a custom recovery like TWRP, or flashing a custom kernel. Along the same lines, you could also flash Magisk Modules, Xposed Framework, Substratum Themes, Viper4Android, and the likes. However, this is just one side of the story.
How to Root Poco M4 Pro 5G via Magisk
The below instructions are listed under separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow in the exact same sequence as mentioned below. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
Install Android SDK
To begin with, install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode.
On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking process. So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on MIUI Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
Unlock Bootloader on Poco M4 Pro 5G
You will also have to unlock the bootloader on your Poco M4 Pro 5G device if you wish to root it via Magisk without using TWRP. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data and might make the device’s warranty null and void as well.
Download Poco M4 Pro 5G Fastboot ROM
Next up, download the Fastboot ROM for your device. Make sure to download the same firmware version that is currently installed onto your device. You may either download the same from the MI official site or via third-party sites such as Xiaomi Firmware Updater. As for this guide, I am using the POCO M4 Pro 5G Global (evergreen) Fastboot Stable ROM version V22.214.171.124.RGBMIXM [Direct Download Link].
Extract Stock Boot.img
Once you have downloaded the ROM, extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Once extracted, go to the Images folder. Within that, you should see all the partition files in IMG format. Copy the boot.img file and send it to your device.
Patch Poco M4 Pro 5G Stock Boot.img via Magisk
- First off, install the Magisk App onto your Poco M4 Pro 5G so that we could patch the stock boot.img and hence root it without TWRP.
- Then tap on the Install button situated next to Magisk.
- From the Method section, choose Select and Patch a file.
- Browse to the extracted boot.img file and select it.
- Then tap on the Let’s Go option situated at the top right.
- Magisk will now load the boot.img file and will patch it accordingly. Once that is done, you would get the Download Complete message.
- The patched boot image file will be saved in Internal Storage > Downloads. Make sure to rename it to magisk_patched.img, if that is already not the case.
Boot Poco M4 Pro 5G to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Modeadb reboot bootloader
You should now see the famous MI Bunny Logo along with the Fastboot text written underneath it, signifying that the device has successfully booted to Fastboot. Let’s now move over to the final set of instructions and root Poco M4 Pro 5G via Magisk without using TWRP Recovery.
Flash Magisk Patched Boot.img and Root Poco M4 Pro 5G
- To begin with, make sure that you have transferred the magisk_patched.img file to the platform-tools folder.
- Now type in the below command in the CMD window (that is opened inside the platform-tools folder) to flash the Magisk Patched file:fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- Once that is done, reboot your device to the OS via the following command:fastboot reboot
That’s it. These were the steps to root the Poco M4 Pro 5G device via Magisk without using TWRP Recovery. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
Images credit: DroidWin
[su_button url=”https://t.me/getdroidroms” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#0064c9″ size=”7″]Join us on telegram[/su_button]