The new Moto G Stylus comes with a slightly new design as the punch hole camera is now in the top center and the bump of the camera is slightly different. It has a 6.8-inch FHD + 120Hz display. The latest Moto G Stylus runs on Android 12 OS.
There are three cameras on the back. The setup includes a 50MP main camera, an 8MP ultra-wide camera, and a 2MP depth camera. On the front, it has a 16MP selfie camera. The new version comes with an 18w quick charge support and a 5000mAh battery. The device comes with good features in its price range and also shows good performance. But users can also improve its performance by rooting the Moto G Stylus 2022. Here you will also learn how to open the bootloader of Moto G Stylus 2022.
Moto G Stylus 2022 Unlock Bootloader
- Take a full backup of your Moto G Stylus 2022 as unlocking the bootloader will reset your phone.
- Now install ADB & Fastboot drivers and Motorola USB Driver on your PC. You can also use platform tools if you don’t want to use ADB & Fastboot drivers.
- Open Settings on your phone and go to About Phone. Tap 7-8 times on Build Number. It should show ‘You are now a developer’ or you are already a developer.
- Go to Settings > System > Developer Options. In Developer options, enable OEM Unlocking and also enable USB Debugging.
- Turn off your phone. Then press & hold Volume Down + Power button together to boot Moto G Stylus 2022 into Fastboot Mode.
- Release both buttons once you see the Fastboot screen. Then connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Open Command window from C:\adb or from Platform Tools if you are using it
- Now enter the below command to get a code.
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- The output will display a 5-line code. Copy the code and adjust it in one line, use notepad for convenience. Remember not to copy bootloader in case of windows and Info in the case of Mac.
- Next go to the Motorola unlock page and click next and login with the Motorola account.
- Copy the one-line code that you just adjusted in Notepad and paste it into the Motorola unlock page.
- Click on the ‘Can my device be unlocked’ button and then click ‘Request Unlock Key’ (make sure to select I Agree).
- You will receive a code in your mail (Motorola account ID). Copy the code and paste in place of ‘code’ without inverted commas in the below command and press Enter.
fastboot oem unlock 'code'
- Entering the above command will unlock bootloader of Moto G Stylus 2022. It will erase all the data on your phone. After unlocking the bootloader, reboot, and set up your device.
After unlocking the bootloader you can verify it from developer options or from the fastboot screen. Now let’s check out the required files for rooting steps.
- Make sure to Unlock Bootloader of Motorola Moto G Stylus 2022
- Take a full backup of data to restore if anything goes wrong
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Magisk APK
- Download the Moto G Stylus 2022 Firmware for your phone (the same version which is installed on your phone)
Steps to Root Moto G Stylus 2022
- Copy the Moto G Stylus 2022 firmware on your PC and extract the boot.img file from firmware. You can use 7Zip or WinRAR.
- Now install the Magisk app on your phone.
- Open the app and click on the Install button next Magisk.
- Now choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option.
- Look for the boot.img file and select it. It will start patching the boot image.
- After patching, the output file will be saved in the download folder with the name magisk_patched.img or something related to it.
- Copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb or platform-tools (whatever you are using). Also, rename the patched file to boot.img.
- Now reboot your Moto G Stylus 2022 to Fastboot mode and connect it to your PC.
- Open CMD from C:\adb folder or the platform-tools folder where you saved the boot image file. You can open it by entering CMD in the file location.
- You can check if the device is connected or not by entering the below command that should return some device id.
- Now enter the next command to flash Magisk and root Motorola Moto G Stylus 2022.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image. Reboot your device to the system.
- Install Magisk if it’s not already installed. Check if the Magisk version is the latest. If there is an update, then update to the latest version.
- Complete the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
After rooting your Moto G Stylus 2022 with Magisk, you can install a lot of Magisk modules and do a lot stuff like installing Custom Roms and Custom Kernels etc.