In this guide, we’ve shared with you the steps to easily root Infinix Note 12/12 Pro 5G (X671, X671B) using Magisk without TWRP for your convenience.
To uproot your Infinix Note 12/12 Pro 5G (X671, X671B), we will use Magisk to patch the stock boot image and flash it in the boot partition of your device. Now if you ask why Magisk? This is less of a root system than a system that does not tamper with system partitions by enabling root access. Magisk, like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc., can also hide online security measures to make the apps work properly.
Advantage of routing:
- You can get access to all files on your Infinix Note 12 / 12 Pro 5G, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Infinix Note 12 / 12 Pro 5G by overclocking.
- By rooting, you can increase battery life by underclocking Infinix Note 12 / 12 Pro 5G.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Infinix Note 12 / 12 Pro 5G.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Infinix Note 12 / 12 Pro 5G, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps To Root Infinix Note 12 / 12 Pro 5G (X671, X671B) Using Magisk
Follow the full-depth guide along with the requirements and download the links below.
Keep in mind:
- You must first unlock the bootloader on your Tecno (X671, X671B) variant to root.
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- Download ADB & Fastboot files (Windows/MAC)
- Infinix USB Drivers – Download and install it on your computer
- Download Other Drivers: Mediatek VCOM Drivers or MTK USB Drivers
- Download And Install the SP Flash tool on your computer
- Download the latest Infinix Note 12 / 12 Pro 5G Firmware
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, you need to extract the boot image using the MTK Droid Tool
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose to install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in your PC’s same extracted ROM folder.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Infinix Note 12 / 12 Pro 5G
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Infinix Note 12 / 12 Pro 5G from the below link:
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- To verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure.
That is, people. We hope you find this guide useful and that you have successfully connected your Infinix Note 12/12 Pro 5G device. For any questions, feel free to ask in the comments below.