In this guide, we are going to show you the steps to root your Infinix Note 10 Pro via boot.img with Magisk patch.So far, the budget domain is full of offers from various OEMs. But still, Infnix managed to make a name for itself. A big reason for this is the fact that it relies on its USP to provide feature-rich devices to the public at affordable prices. This balance between price and feature has pushed its devices toward success in recent years.
In addition, the device is a very active player in customs development. Whether it’s flashing custom ROMs, installing custom recovery like TWRP, or rooting the device via Magisk to get administrative level benefits, there’s a lot to try. Of these, the latter is the one that has always been the best choice for technical fans. Once you’re done, you’ll be in a position to welcome a plethora of mods and tweaks to your device. So on this note, let’s start with the steps to uproot your Infinix Note 10 Pro using the Magisk patched boot.img file.
How to Root Infinix Note 10 Pro via Magisk
The instructions below are listed in separate sections for ease of understanding. Be sure to follow the same sequence as mentioned.Pixelroms.com and its members will not be held responsible in the event of a thermonuclear war, your alarm does not wake you up, or if something happens to your device and data by taking the following steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you need to have Android SDK platform tools installed on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only one recommended. So download it and then extract it to any suitable place on your computer. Doing so will take you to the Platform Tools folder, which will be used in this guide.
Download : Link
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next, you want to allow USB debugging and OEM unlocking to your tool. The former will make your tool recognizable thru PC in ADB mode. It will then assist you to boot your tool into fastboot mode. On the alternative hand, OEM unlocking is needed to carry out the boot loader unlocking process.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Infinix Note 10 Pro
After that, you need to unlock the bootloader on your Infinix Note 10 Pro. Keep in mind that this process will erase all data and may even void the warranty of the device. So if all is well and good, please refer to our comprehensive guide on unlock bootloader on Infinix Note 10 / Pro.
STEP 4: Get Infinix Note 10 Pro Boot.img
- To begin with, download the stock firmware for your device from a trusted site.
- Make sure to download the same version that is currently installed on your device.
- Once downloaded, extract it to any convenient location on your PC.
- Then copy the boot.img file from the extracted firmware and send it to your device.
STEP 5: Patch Infinix Note 10 Pro Stock Boot.img via Magisk
- First off, install the Magisk App onto your Infinix Note 10 Pro.
- Then tap on the Install button situated next to Magisk.
- From the Method section, choose Select and Patch a file
- Browse to the extracted boot.img file and select it.
- Then tap on the Let’s Go option situated at the top right.
- Magisk will now load the boot.img file and will patch it accordingly.
- Once that is done, you would get the Download Complete message.
- The patched boot image file will be saved in Internal Storage > Downloads.
- Make sure to rename it to magisk_patched.img, if that is already not the case.
STEP 6: Boot Infinix Note 10 Pro to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot
adb reboot bootloader
Now type in the below command to verify the Fastboot Connection
- If you get a device ID followed by the fastboot keyword, then the connection stands successful and you may now proceed ahead to root your Infinix Note 10 Pro.
STEP 7: Flash Magisk Patched Boot.img and Root Infinix Note 10 Pro
- To begin with, make sure that you have transferred the magisk_patched.img file to the platform-tools folder.
- Now type in the below command in the CMD window (that is opened inside the platform-tools folder) to flash the Magisk Patched file:fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- Once that is done, reboot your device to the OS via the following command
that’s it. These were the steps to root Infinix Note 10 Pro via Magisk without using TWRP recovery.
Advantage of Rooting
Once you have rooted your device by flashing Magisk patched boot.img via fastboot commands, you will be in a position to test the custom multitasking on your device. These include flashing custom ROMs, installing custom recovery like TWRP, or flashing custom kernels. With these posts, you can also flash Magisk Modules, Xposed Framework, Substratum Themes, Viper4Android and Likes. However, this is only one side of the story.
There are also downsides to doing this. First, the process requires an unlocked bootloader. Doing so will erase all data and may also void the device’s warranty. Similarly, WideVine L1 will be downgraded to L3, leaving Netflix unable to stream in HD [FIXED]. SafetyNet will then be activated, which can cause problems with banking apps [FIXED]. So if this is all right and good, let’s start with the steps to uproot the Infinix Note 10 Pro via Magisk.
If you have any questions about the above steps, let us know in the comments. We will contact you with a solution as soon as possible.