In this guide, we are going to show you the steps to root your Infinix Hot 9 via Magisk Patched Boot.img.When it comes to budget domains, there are already plenty of offers from various OEMs that you can currently get. So it was always a difficult task to make your presence felt for the likes of Infinix. However, despite this, it has done a great job in gaining public attention. If we focus on its ninth series, there is a truckload of goods waiting for it.
Not only for the general consumers, these devices also have something for the technology enthusiasts. Whether it’s flashing custom ROMs, installing custom recovery, or gaining administrative access by rooting your device via Magisk, there are a number of interesting changes. Among them is the ability to root the Infinix Hot 9 via Magisk Patched Boot.img, which has always been a preferred adaptation for many users. If you are in the same boat, this guide will help you. Follow along.
Benefits of Rooting
Once you have rooted your device by flashing Magisk patched boot.img via fastboot commands, you will be in a position to test the custom multitasking on your device. These include flashing custom ROMs, installing custom recovery like TWRP, or flashing custom kernels. With these posts, you can also flash Magisk Modules, Xposed Framework, Substratum Themes, Viper4Android and Likes. However, this is only one side of the story.
There are also downsides to doing this. First, the process requires an unlocked bootloader. Doing so will erase all data and may also void the device’s warranty. Similarly, WideVine L1 will be downgraded to L3, leaving Netflix unable to stream in HD [FIXED]. SafetyNet will then be activated, which can cause problems with banking apps [FIXED]. So if all is well and good, let’s start with the steps to uproot Infinix Hot 9 via Magisk.
How to Root Infinix Hot 9 via Magisk
The instructions below are listed in separate sections for ease of understanding. Be sure to follow the same sequence as mentioned. Pixelroms and its members will not be held responsible in the event of a thermonuclear war, your alarm does not wake you up, or if something happens to your device and data by taking the following steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you want to have Android SDK platform gear established for your PC. This is the professional ADB and Fastboot binary furnished with the aid of using Google and is the simplest one recommended. So down load it after which extract it to any appropriate vicinity for your computer. Doing so will take you to the Platform Tools folder, so as to be used on this guide.
Download : Link
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next, you need to enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable via PC in ADB mode. It will then allow you to boot your device into fastboot mode. On the other hand, OEM unlocking is required to perform the boot loader unlocking process.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Infinix Hot 9
After that, you need to unlock the bootloader on your Infinix Hot 9. Note that this process will erase all data and may even void the warranty of the device. So if this is all right and good, then refer to our comprehensive guide on how to unlock the bootloader on Infinix Hot 9 / Play / Pro.
STEP 4: Get Infinix Hot 9 Boot.img
- To begin with, download the stock firmware for your device from a trusted site.
- Make sure to download the same version that is currently installed on your device.
- Once downloaded, extract it to any convenient location on your PC.
- Then copy the boot.img file from the extracted firmware and send it to your device.
STEP 5: Patch Infinix Hot 9 Stock Boot.img via Magisk
- First off, install the Magisk App onto your Infinix Note 8.
- Then tap on the Install button situated next to Magisk.
- From the Method section, choose Select and Patch a file.
- Browse to the extracted boot.img file and select it.
- Then tap on the Let’s Go option situated at the top right.
- Magisk will now load the boot.img file and will patch it accordingly.
- Once that is done, you would get the Download Complete message.
- The patched boot image file will be saved in Internal Storage > Downloads.
- Make sure to rename it to magisk_patched.img, if that is already not the case.
STEP 6: Boot Infinix Hot 9 to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Now type in the below command to verify the Fastboot Connection
- If you get a device ID followed by the fastboot keyword, then the connection stands successful and you may now proceed ahead to root your Infinix Hot 9.
STEP 7: Flash Magisk Patched Boot.img and Root Infinix Hot 9
- To begin with, make sure that you have transferred the magisk_patched.img file to the platform-tools folder.
- Now type in the below command in the CMD window (that is opened inside the platform-tools folder) to flash the Magisk Patched file.
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- Once that is done, reboot your device to the OS via the following command.
that’s it. These were the steps to root Infinix Hot 9 via Magisk without using TWRP recovery. If you have any questions about the above steps, let us know in the comments. We will contact you with a solution as soon as possible.