Since launching one or gadgets a year, OnePlus has come an extended way and now releases about 5-6 devices each year.The Number R collection and the Nord series are OnePlus’ state-of-the-art mobile phone series, and OnePlus in recent times launched the OnePlus 10R, a pinnacle elegance mid-range telecellsmartphone. If you non-public OnePlus 10R then this guide is for you. Here you’ll learn how to root OnePlus 10R and release the OnePlus 10R bootloader.
Before going at once to the steps, let’s take a look at the quick motives first. The phone became launched ultimate month after rumors and leaks. It comes with a 6.7 inch FHD + Fluid AMOLED display. And it facilitates 120Hz refresh rate. The device is powered via MediaTek Dimensity 8100-Max SoC and springs with 8 / 12GB RAM and 128 / 256GB storage. It has three cameras on the back (50MP + 8MP + 2MP) and a 16MP selfie camera.
OnePlus 10R comes with OxygenOS 12.1 based totally mostly on Android 12. And as you may already know, OxygenOS has changed masses and isn’t much like the antique OxygenOS. It’s more like ColorOS. But you may continuously make modifications to personalize the phone on your liking. For advanced customization, you need to root your phone. Along with the root, we’re able to additionally share a manner to launch the bootloader of OnePlus 10R.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Download Magisk APK on your phone
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver installed on your PC (Or Download Platform Tools)
- Download firmware of OnePlus 10R (The same version that is installed on your phone)
How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 10R
It is important to open the boot loader of any Android cellphone if you need to install custom ROMs or for routing process. TThe bootloader is a security function on Android phones, which incorporates OnePlus phones.This prevents customers from extending the device, which incorporates routing or various modifications. Let’s test the stairs to release the OnePlus 10R bootloader.
- Take a full backup of phone data as unlocking bootloader process will delete data from your phone.
- You can either Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer or use Android SDK Tool (platform tools folder). Platform tools will work on Mac and Linux as well.
- Open Settings on your OnePlus 10R and go to the ‘About Phone’ option.
- Look for the Build Number (under Version) and tap 7-8 times on it. It will display ‘You are now a developer’ or ‘You are already a developer.’
- Go back to the main Settings then go to System > Developer Options.
In Developer Options, you need to enable OEM Unlocking & USB Debugging.
- Power off your phone. Then press and hold the Power button and Volume down button together. You can release the power button when the OnePlus logo appears. Don’t release volume down.
- Now choose English > Advanced > Reboot to Fastboot Mode.
- Once the OnePlus 10R boots into Fastboot Mode, connect your phone to your computer.
- Now open the command/CMD window on your PC. If you have downloaded platform tools, open cmd from its location.
- Enter the below command to check the device connectivity with the computer. It will return some device id.
- Enter the given command to start unlocking bootloader on OnePlus 10R.
fastboot oem unlock
- The above command will display some options on your phone. Use the Volume keys to toggle options. Select ‘Unlock the Bootloader’ and press the Power button.
- Warning, it will remove all data during the process. The device will now auto-reboot into the system after finishing the bootloader unlock.
- Now Set up your OnePlus 10R and enjoy the device with unlocked bootloader.
After unlocking the bootloader you can confirm in the developer options and fastboot screen (device status will appear unlocked). There are some requirements that you need to submit to the root.
How to Root OnePlus 10R with Magisk
- Extract OnePlus 10R firmware and copy the boot.img to your phone. You might need to use payload dumper tool.
- Install the Magisk app on your phone.
- Open the Magisk app and click on the Install.
- Now choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the available options.
- Browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- The output file will be stored in the download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the patched boot image and paste it to your computer in folder C:\adb (Copy it in the platform tools folder if you are using cmd from there). Rename the patched file to boot.img.
- Next reboot your OnePlus 10R to Fastboot or bootloader mode and connect it to your computer. Follow the steps in the bootloader guide section.
- In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder), type cmd in the location bar and press enter to open the command window on that location (full guide to open cmd from any location).
- Now enter the below command to flash patched Magisk and root OnePlus 10R.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image, reboot your phone. You can use fastboot reboot command.
- Install Magisk app if it’s not already installed. Now you will see Magisk installed which means your OnePlus 10R is rooted.
You can test root get entry to in any third party direction checker app, they’ll ask for root privileges. With root get access to, you can use the superb Xposed Modules to get the present day functions to your OnePlus 10R. We’ve moreover shared a guide at the manner to installation Xposed Framework.
So here’s the way to root a OnePlus 10R telecellsmartphone and free up the OnePlus 10R bootloader. If you’ve got got a OnePlus telecellsmartphone, you may locate greater publications on OnePlus.