In this guide, we are able to display you the stairs to put in the TWRP Recovery onto your Realme 6 Pro tool. This OEM has controlled to set up a call for itself right away whatsoever. While the finances area is packed with diverse magnificent offerings, however, it’s the only from the Chinese OEM that has carved out a wealthy phase for itself. With a truckload of functions at a charge that isn’t going to burn a hollow to your pockets, properly there’s now no longer lots left to ask. Along the equal lines, those gadgets are pretty energetic in custom improvement as properly.
Once you’ve got got unlocked the tool’s bootloader, you may welcome a plethora of tweaks. From flashing custom ROMs, or gaining administrative privileges via way of means of rooting your tool thru Magisk, there’ loads to attempt out. Once rooted, you may then be capable of flash a plentitude of mods onto your tool. But till you’ve got got a operating custom recuperation mounted you wouldn’t be flashing any of those mods. So on this guide, we are able to display you steps to put in the TWRP Recovery onto your Realme 6 Pro tool.
Benefits and Risks of Installing TWRP
Once you flash a custom recovery like TWRP, you will be in a position to flash ZIP and IMG files. So this automatically check-mark all the custom ROMs, Mods, and even the Magisk ZIP for obtaining root. And once you obtained root, you will be able to flash Magisk Modules, Xposed Framework, and Substratum Themes. Along the same lines, you could also take a backup of all the partitions on your device using its Nandroid Backup feature. However, this is just one side of the story.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme 6 Pro
The below instructions are listed under separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow in the exact same sequence as mentioned. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide to install the TWRP Recovery on Realme 6 Pro.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will also have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking process.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Realme 6 Pro
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well. So if that’s all well and good, then download your device’s Bootloader Unlock Tool from the below link.
STEP 4: Download TWRP Recovery for Realme 6 Pro
You may now grab hold of the TWRP Recovery corresponding to your device from the below link [Credits: XDA Senior Member kevin-saiza]:
[STABLE] TWRP Recovery for Realme 6 Pro: Download Link
Once you have downloaded the recovery, rename it to TWRP so that the complete name becomes twrp.img. Likewise, transfer this twrp.img file to the platform-tools folder on your PC. Once that is done, move over to the next step of this guide to install TWRP on Realme 6 Pro.
- The decryption of storage works on the latest Stock firmware
- Successful installation of any ROM’s
- External sdcard & USB-OTG support
- Additional features such as close AVB2.0 (disabled-verify on vbmeta), disable replace TWRP
- Working mounting of dynamic partitions (r/o only)
- Additional backup/restore partitions list (except system, vendor and etc)
STEP 5: Boot to Fastboot Mode
- Now connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Modeadb reboot bootloader
- To verify the Fastboot connection, type in the below command and you should get back the device ID.fastboot devices
STEP 6: Disable Verified Boot
Next up, you will have to disable the verified boot by flashing the stock vbmeta file. So download the stock firmware for your device from the below link. Make sure to download the same firmware that is currently installed on your device. You could verify the same via the Build Number.
Once downloaded, extract it to any convenient location on your PC. The downloaded firmware will be in OZIP format. So our next course of action will be to extract this OZIP file and get the stock vbmeta.img file.
- Once the extraction is complete, you will get the ROM in a ZIP format. So extract it and copy the vbmeta.img file and transfer it to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
- Then type in CMD in the platform-tools folder address bar and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Now execute the below command to disable the dm-verity check on your device:fastboot –disable-verity –disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
- Once done, move over to the next step and flash the TWRP onto your Realme 6 Pro.
STEP 7: Flash TWRP Recovery on Realme 6 Pro
- Make sure that the recovery has been named to twrp.img and is placed inside the platform-tools folder.
- Now head over to this platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Now execute the below command to permanently install the TWRP Recovery onto your Realme 6 Pro devicefastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once the recovery has been flashed, use the below command to boot your device to the TWRP Recovery:fastboot reboot recovery
- You may now carry out the desired flashing. Once done, reboot your device to the OS via Reboot > System.
That’s it. These were the steps to install the TWRP Recovery onto your Realme 6 Pro device. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
[su_button url=”https://t.me/getdroidroms” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#0064c9″ size=”7″]Join us on telegram[/su_button]