TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) is the most popular custom recovery solution available for Xiaomi smartphones. To install a custom ROM, backing up an existing ROM, or installing a custom kernel, all of these activities require custom recovery on your Xiaomi devices. So let’s see in detail how to flash TWRP Custom Recovery on Xiaomi (Mi), Redmi and Poco smartphones [Latest Guide]
Before jumping on Custom Recovery and TWRP. First of all, understand that Android smartphones also have a pre-installed recovery called stock recovery. Stock recovery usually comes from the manufacturer itself. Stock recovery for Android smartphones also lacks usability and features. But with the use of TWRP, the scenario is quite different.
Step No.1 Download and install Platform Tools
You need ADB and Fastboot executables to flash an image to your device.
- Download Fastboot and Minimal ADB > After Download Just Exact the RAR File.
- Run the File and Install it on your Windows PC/Laptop.
2. Finding a TWRP image which is compatible with your device
Each TWRP image most effective works on one particular device. So, you want to discover a TWRP this is like minded together along with your smartphone.
You can discover synced TWRP photographs on your gadgets from the reliable TWRP website or XDA forums.
After downloading the TWRP image, it’s the same with your device, rename it to “twrp.img”.. After renaming the file, area it in a folder this is handy for you.
3. To Flash TWRP Image On Xiaomi (Mi), Redmi & Poco
You need to enter Fastboot mode for flashing TWRP. For entering Fastboot mode follow the steps given below:
- Turn off your device.
- Press both Power button & Volume Down Button Together at the same time until Fastboot appears on the screen.
Now connect your personal computer or laptop with your smartphone. After this follow the steps given below:
- Open the folder where you put the twrp.img file and click shift + right. After this, you will see “open command prompt here” or “open PowerShell Window here”. Click on it
- Now type the command given below to see whether your computer recognises your smartphone or not.
If you encounter this problem;
Try using cmd.exe found in Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot (and put twrp.img in this folder)
- Now enter the command given below to boot into TWRP recovery without actually installing it.
“ fastboot boot twrp.img ” Or " fastboot flash recovery twrp.img "
- Once your device boots to TWRP, Navigate to advanced > Flash current TWRP Version
After this, TWRP gets installed on your Xiaomi (Mi), Redmi, or Poco Smartphone. So That’s pretty much it for this guide. If you are facing any issues, feel free to comment and tell us the same. Turn on the notification bell to never miss any posts from us.