In this guide, we will show you two ways to install the latest One UI 5.0 update on your Samsung device via Sideload with and without PC. Samsung has officially started open beta testing for the 13th hiteration of the OS. So if you’re among the tech enthusiasts who want to test new features before everyone else, now might be the perfect time for you to jump on the testing ship.
Well, it goes without saying that beta builds are unstable in nature and come with some basic bugs and issues as well. But I guess early adopters might be willing to make that sacrifice if in return they are the first to be blessed with Android 13. Speaking of which, the easiest way to welcome this new update is to enroll yourself as a beta. Tester via the Samsung Members app.
But if you have the update zip file handy, you can install it manually through the ADB sideload feature. To do this, you can take two different approaches – either use a third-party app to perform the sideload process without involving a PC or through the ADB sideload command using a PC. Go to the local path to install the firmware. We have listed both of these methods below, you can refer to whichever one suits your need [just take a backup beforehand.
How to install Samsung One UI 5.0 without PC
- To begin with, download the one UI 5.0 Beta Firmware from below [Credits: XDA Senior Member profi_fahrer and other developers]. Moreover, it is recommended that you right-click on the desired link and select Open link in new tab.
S22 (SM-G901B) Beta (AVG6->ZVH4): Download Link S22+ (SM-G906B) Beta: Not yet available S22U (SM-G908B) Beta (AVG6->ZVH4): Download Link SM-S908U1: Download Link S908N，AVG6-ZVH4: Download Link S22 S901N BETA1 ONEUI5 AVG6-->ZVH4: Download Link S22U(SM-G908N): Download Link
- Once downloaded, rename it to update.zip and transfer it to your device’s Internal Storage [but not inside any folder.
The downloaded firmware might be in .bin format. So make sure to delete .bin and rename it to .zip. If you get any confirmation prompt, reply YES/OK.
- Then and install the Alliance Shield app from the Play Store.
- Now launch the app and complete the one-time setup process.
- This involves creating your account, enabling Device Admin for this app, and verifying Knox Detection.
- Once all that is done, you will be taken to the app’s home screen.
- So tap on App Manager, scroll to Software Update [com.wssyncmldm], and tap on it.
- Now go to the Activities tab and scroll to “com.idm.fotaagent.enabler.ui.admin.main.AdminMainActivity”.
- Then tap on it and hit Open. It will launch the Software Update page, select Sideload.
- Now navigate to the downloaded One UI 5.0 firmware [update.zip] and select it.
- It will now be flashed onto your device. Once done, your device will then automatically boot to the upgraded OS.
that’s it. These were the steps to install the latest One UI 5.0 update on your Samsung device via Sideload but without using a PC. If you have any queries regarding the above steps, let us know in the comments. We will contact you with a solution as soon as possible.