Today we will show you the steps to install Android 13-based Paranoid Android custom ROM on Pixel 6A. While the sixth generation of Pixel devices didn’t have the best of states, fortunately, its A series escaped this setback. Launched about 7 months after the Pixel 6/Pro, it was pretty well polished and most of the major bugs were ironed out [except for the fingerprint issue which was later patched via OTA ].
Additionally, Pixel devices have always been known to be among the most active players in custom development. And its sixth iteration is no different as it has recently been blessed with a custom ROM based on the latest OS. Part of the popular Paranoid family, the ROM code is based on the Linaro Organization Android Base, as opposed to the common Android Open Source Project [AOSP].
How to install Android 13 ROM on Pixel 6A: Panaroid
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First, you need to install the Android SDK platform tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any suitable location on your computer. It will give you the Platform Tools folder, which will be used later.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
After that, you also need to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The first one will make your device discoverable by PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device into fastboot mode. On the other hand, OEM unlocking is required to perform the bootloader unlocking process.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Pixel 6A
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well. (Check the Guide here)
STEP 4: Download Paranoid Android for Pixel 6A
- Grab hold of the Android 13 custom ROM for your Pixel 6A. from below:
Paranoid Android: Download Link [NOTE: Click on the "Fastboot Option" button to download]
- Once downloaded Paranoid Rom, transfer the ROM to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
STEP 5: Boot Pixel 6A to Fastboot Mode
- Now connect your device to the PC via a USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- To verify the Fastboot connection, type in the below command and you should get back the device ID.
STEP 6: Install Android 13 Custom ROM on Pixel 6A: Paranoid
- First off, execute the below command to factory reset your device:
- Then use the following command to flash the ROM onto your device [replace filename accordingly]
fastboot update filename.zip
- You may now reboot to the newly installed OS via the below command:
These were the steps to install the Paranoid Android custom ROM based on Android 13 on your Pixel 6A.