Today we will show you the steps to install Android 13 ROM on OnePlus 9/9 Pro Paranoid Android custom ROM. The 9thninth iteration of OnePlus devices has already been blessed with the latest Android OS. However, if you find any trace of OxygenOS, consider yourself lucky because the entire ecosystem has been Oppoified. Fortunately, both these devices are quite active players in custom development and have recently been blessed with a custom ROM.
How to install Android 13 ROM on OnePlus 9/9 Pro
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you need to install the Android SDK platform-tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any suitable location on your computer. It will give you the Platform Tools folder, which will be used later.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
After that, you also need to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The first one will make your device discoverable by PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device into fastboot mode. On the other hand, OEM unlocking is required to perform the bootloader unlocking process.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 9/Pro
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well.
STEP 4: Download Paranoid Android
- Grab hold of the Android 13 custom ROM for your OnePlus 9/Pro from below: Paranoid Android ROM: OnePlus 9 | OnePlus 9 Pro [NOTE: Download the ROM that ends with image.zip]
- Once downloaded, transfer the ROM to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
STEP 5: Boot OnePlus 9/Pro to Fastboot Mode
- Now connect your device to the PC via a USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- To verify the Fastboot connection, type in the below command and you should get back the device ID.
STEP 6: Install Android 13 Custom ROM on OnePlus 9/Pro
- Execute the below command to flash the ROM onto your device [replace filename accordingly]
fastboot update filename.zip
- After that, type in the below command to factory reset your device:
- You may now reboot to the newly installed OS via the below command: