In this guide, we will show you the steps to install Android 13 GSI ROM on your Google Pixel 6A. The sixth iteration of the Pixel device has just welcomed a new member to its family. Belonging to the affordable domain, the new kid in town has high capacity inside and even the same basic chipset as its big brothers. Also, it comes with several nifty new features and boasts some of the best camera work in the segment. Moreover, it comes with Android 12, although Android 13 is already available.
So why does it have an old OS? Well, that’s because Android 13 is still in the beta stage, so adding an unstable and buggy OS to a device doesn’t make sense. But as soon as the stable version is out, your device will be the first to get its blessing. However, if that time frame is too long, you can still welcome the latest OS via a generic system image. And in this guide, we’ll show you how to do just that. Here are the detailed steps to install Android 13 GSI ROM on your Google Pixel 6A.
How to Install Android 13 GSI ROM on Pixel 6A
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on Pixel 6A
STEP 4: Download Android 13 GSI ROM
STEP 5: Boot Pixel 6A FastbootD Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to FastbootD Mode
adb reboot fastboot
- After that, wipe the system partition using the below command
fastboot erase system
- You may now flash the Android 13 GSI image via the below command [this will take time]
fastboot flash system system.img
- Next up, you will have to factory reset the device. So execute the following command
- Finally, reboot the device to the OS via the below command
that’s it. These were the steps to install Android 13 GSI ROM on your Google Pixel 6A. If you have any queries regarding the above steps, let us know in the comments. We will contact you with a solution as soon as possible.