Mobile device operating systems are improving day by day. And, even with an OS like Android having a large share of the global marketplace, its users need additional key capabilities such as security and privacy as the reason for adopting the OS. Google has important security and privacy capabilities in its OS.
Two months ago, Google added Android 13 to the world. Yes, Android 13 is the following new release of the world’s largest OS. As always, Google shared a roadmap to get closer to Android 13. And this time, Google promised to launch the primary beta in April. Fulfilling its promise, Google officially released the Android 13 Beta Build for the general public in April. Google has released the second beta of Android 13 on Google I / O for Pixel phones. Here you can download Android 13 beta 2.1 for Pixel phones.
Android 13 will provide awareness of security and privacy capabilities with the brand new Image Packer (which allows you to get gadgets on the go for Android 11 and above). Improved new fabric UUI designs, the ability to translate any app’s language, or even themed icons that manage the machine’s wide dark mode or light mode selection.
How to Install Android 13 Beta 2.1
There are several approaches to put in Android 13 Beta 2.1. You can use Factory Image, OTA Image, or maybe Google Flash Tool to put in Android 13. Here on this guide, we can percentage all 3 approaches to put in Android 13 on Pixel phones. If you have a non-pixel phone, you may use Android 13 after GSI is available. Let’s leap into the set up methods now.
- Make sure to take a full backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers or download Android SDK Platform Tools folder
How to Install Android 13 Beta
Unlike the Android 13 Developer Previews, you may without difficulty deployation the Android 13 Beta 2 in your Pixel phone. Google lets in all customers to sign up withinside the Android 13 Beta application and at once get the Android 13 Beta as an OTA replace on their Pixel phones.
Go to the Android thirteen Beta web page and join your Pixel tool for Android thirteen Beta. And after you applied for the Android thirteen beta application, you’ll get the OTA replace notification soon. Or you may additionally take a look at for the replace in Settings.
How to Install Android 13 Beta using Android Flash Tool
This method requires an unlocked bootloader device, so make sure to first unlock the bootloader of your Google Pixel phone. And then proceed with the following steps.
- Open Settings on your Google Pixel phone and go to About Phone. Tap seven times on Build Number to enable developer options.
- Go back to main Settings and open Developer Options. And enable USB Debugging to use ADB.
- Connect your Pixel with your PC directly using an original USB cable.
- Open the Android Flash Tool page using this link. It will ask for ADB permission on your browser, allowing it to use ADB.
- On the webpage click on Add New Device, then select the device model and click on Connect.
- Also allow debugging on your phone, when a pop-up appears.
- Now select your connected device on the browser.
- Choose the Beta build from the list. Also, select the option to wipe data for clean flash.
- Click on the Install button and just wait for the process to complete.
- Once the flash completes, disconnect your phone and enjoy the latest Android 13 Beta 2.
How to Install Android 13 Beta using Full OTA Image
Note: To apply over Android 13 Beta 2. So make sure you are using this method if Android 13 Beta 2 is installed on your phone.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC or you can also use the Android SDK Platform tools folder.
- Download the Android 12 Beta 2 OTA Image for your device from here. If the file name is big then rename the file (eg. Update.zip) for an easy process. Remember you must be on Beta 1 to install Beta 2 through OTA.
- Now enable USB Debugging on your Pixel phone. Check out the first method to know how to enable it.
- Connect your Pixel phone to your PC. You will receive a prompt on your phone, click on Allow to grant debugging authorization. If you don’t receive the prompt enter ‘adb devices’ in CMD and it should show the connected device id.
- Once your Pixel phone is connected to the computer enter the command below to boot the pixel phone into Recovery Mode.
adb reboot recovery
- Once the phone boot into Recovery Mode, select the option ‘Apply Update from ADB’.
- Now run the following command to install the latest Android 13 Beta 2 on your Pixel phone. Make sure to enter the correct file name that you renamed in the first step. Replace Update with the correct file name if it is different in your case.
adb sideload Update.zip
- It will now install the Android 13 Beta 2 to your Pixel phone. After installing the file select ‘Reboot system now’ to boot into the system.
How to Install Android 13 Beta using Factory Image
- We will be using adb and fastboot commands so first install the adb and fastboot drivers or download the Android sdk platform tools folder (in this case open cmd from platform tools folder whenever cmd is required).
- Download the Android 13 Beta 2 Factory Image for your Pixel phone from here.
- Extract the Factory Image on your computer.
- Now connect your pixel phone to your pc using USB and open cmd (command prompt).
- Enter the below adb command to boot your phone into fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone is in fastboot mode, enter the below command to unlock bootloader (It will wipe all the data from your phone).
fastboot flashing unlock
- Navigate to the directory where extracted fastboot image is available. It will include flash-all bat and sh file.
- In the case of Windows run the .bat file and in the case of Mac run the .sh file.
- It will install the Android 13 Beta 2 on your phone. Your phone will reboot into the system.
- You can now relock the bootloader if you want using the below command. Boot your phone to fastboot mode before using the given command.
Fastboot flashing lock
That’s it, now you could enjoy the Android 13 Beta to your Pixel phone.