In this guide, we are able to display you the stairs to put in the Android 12 ROM onto your OnePlus 7 Pro tool. There’s a not unusual place perception going round that the OEM’s closing worth imparting become its 7th iteration. And the company’s unswerving fanbase could genuinely echo this notion manner as well. Since then it has ended up taking some questionable choices with the adoption of the ColorOS being proper there on the top. Anyways, if we hold our awareness at the 7th iteration, then its Pro version has continually been a few of the maximum lively gamers in custom development.
Be it for flashing custom ROMs or putting in a custom recuperation like TWRP, there’s plenty to attempt out. Along the identical lines, you may additionally benefit from administrative privileges through rooting your tool thru Magisk. To spherical all of it off, the tool has now been blessed with today’s construct of the Android OS. And on this guide, we are able to display you a way to welcome it onto your tool. Given right here are the steps of the targeted command to put in the Android 12 ROM onto your OnePlus 7 Pro tool. Follow along.
What’s New in Android 12?
Just to recap, the Silicon Valley giants have introduced a plethora of new and interesting features in the twelfth iteration of the OS. These include the massive UI revamp thanks to the Material You design. Likewise, there’s a Wallpaper-based UX Theming that will pick up the major color from the wallpaper and theme it across various device components (such as the Notifications panel and Settings menu). Then there is an addition of the Privacy Dashboard as well.
This will tell you the date and time when an app asked for the location, camera, and microphone permissions. Moreover, there are some new accessibility features as well. These include the likes of Camera Switch that allows you to take full control of your device via your facial gestures. And you could now welcome all these features onto your device. Given here are the detailed instructions to install Android 12 AOSP ROM onto your OnePlus 7 Pro device.
How to Install Android 12 ROM on OnePlus 7 Pro
The below instructions are listed under separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow in the exact same sequence as mentioned. Droidwin and its members wouldn’t be held responsible in case of a thermonuclear war, your alarm doesn’t wake you up, or if anything happens to your device and data by performing the below steps.
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
First and foremost, you will have to install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC. This is the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google and is the only recommended one. So download it and then extract it to any convenient location on your PC. Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide.
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
Next up, you will have to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device. The former will make your device recognizable by the PC in ADB mode. This will then allow you to boot your device to Fastboot Mode. On the other hand, OEM Unlocking is required to carry out the bootloader unlocking process.
So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 7 Pro
Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data from your device and could nullify its warranty as well.
STEP 4: Download Android 12 ROM for OnePlus 7 Pro
You may now get a hold of the ROM file from the below link. The Vanilla build is free from all the Google Apps, Services, and Framework. Whereas the GApps build comes built-in with all the Google Apps and related components.
- ROM Name: ArrowOS
- Version: Android 12
- Download: Vanilla Build | GApps Build
- Credits: XDA Member alk3p
STEP 5: Extract Android 12 ROM Payload.bin
- Once you have downloaded the ROM ZIP file, extract it to any convenient location on your PC. This will give you a couple of files, including the payload.bin.
- You will now have to extract this BIN file to get hold of the required partition files.
- Once the extraction is complete, transfer the boot.img file to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
STEP 6: Boot to Fastboot Mode
- Now connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
Type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- To verify the Fastboot connection, type in the below command and you should get back the device ID.fastboot devices
STEP 7: Flash Android 12 ROM’s Boot.img
Type in the below command in the Command Prompt (that is opened in the platform-tools folder) to flash the ArrowOS ROM’s boot.img file:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
STEP 8: Boot OnePlus 7 Pro to TWRP
As of now, there’s still an element of doubt as to whether or not you could flash the TWRP Recovery onto your device running Android 12. So to stay away from this risk, let’s take a safer approach and only temporarily boot your device to TWRP.
- To do so, download the TWRP Recovery for the OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Then rename it to twrp, so that the complete name becomes twrp.img.
- After that, transfer this file to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
- Now open the CMD window inside this folder and type in the below commandfastboot boot twrp.img
- Your device will now boot to the TWRP Recovery.
STEP 9: Install Android 12 ROM on OnePlus 7 Pro via ADB Sideload
- Transfer the ROM ZIP file to the platform-tools folder on your PC. Rename it to rom, so that the complete name becomes rom.zip.
- After that, go to the Advanced section, select ADB Sideload, and perform a right swipe to start the process.
- Then open the CMD window and type in the below command to perform the sideload:adb sideload rom.zip
- The ROM has been flashed to one of the slots, let’s now flash it to the second slot as well. So go to Reboot and select Recovery.
- Your device will boot to TWRP. Again go to Advanced > ADB Sideload and type in the below command to flash the ROMadb sideload rom.zip
- With this, we have flashed the ROM to both the slots on your device. It’s time to format your device.
- So go to Wipe and tap on Format Data. After that, type in YES in the space provided. That’s it.
- You may now reboot the device to the newly installed OS via Reboot > System.
With this, we round off the guide on how you could install the Android 12 ROM onto your OnePlus 7 Pro device. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest.
[su_button url=”https://t.me/getdroidroms” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#0064c9″ size=”7″]Join us on telegram[/su_button]