The Android 12 Beta 5 (RC) is here for Google Pixel devices. And as we shared in our last Android 12 DP guides, it is available for Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a (5G), Pixel 5, and Pixel 5a. And if you have any of these Pixel phones, you can enjoy the latest Android 12 Beta 5 with new features like new material UI. Here you will know how to install Android 12 Beta 5 on Google Pixel Phones.
Note: The latest Android 12 Beta 5 is now available for supported Pixel Phones. You can follow this guide to manually install the latest Android 12 Beta 5. Download Links are available here.
Google released the Android 12 Beta during the Google I/O 2021 event. Android 12 comes with a whole new UI that looks great. It will be the first major update with such changes in many years. There are many changes apart from UI like a major improvement in Privacy and Security, a new Notification panel & Quick settings, new fluid animations, and a bunch of customizable options.
The Android 12 Beta 5 is available for nine latest Pixel phones.
- Pixel 3 and 3 XL
- Pixel 3a and 3a XL
- Pixel 4 and 4 XL
- Pixel 4a and 4a (5G)
- Pixel 5
- Pixel 5a
If you own a Pixel phone on the list then you can try out the new Android 12 Beta 5 on your device. If you don’t know how to get it, then this guide is for you. We will share a few official methods for installing Android 12 Beta 5 on Pixel phones.
How to Get Android 12 Beta on Pixel Phones
Although the Android 12 Beta 5 is available for anyone, you should only install it on your secondary device (If you mind bugs). In case you want to try Android 12, there are two different approaches for installing the update. And here you will know both, and follow the method which is reliable for your device.
Installing the Android 12 Beta 5 on a stable Android build doesn’t require a hard reset. But to avoid any data loss make sure to backup your data. For rolling back to the stable build from a Beta you will have to reset your phone. Both methods require an ADB and Fastboot driver on your PC. You can also use the Android SDK to get the driver on Windows/Mac/Linux.
Install Android 12 Beta on Pixel – Easy Method
Unlike the Android 12 developer previews, you can easily install the Android 12 Beta 5 on your Pixel phone. Google allows all users to enroll for the Android 12 Beta program and directly get the Android 12 Beta as an OTA update on their Pixel phones.
Go to the Android 12 Beta page and enroll your Pixel device for Android 12 Beta. And once you applied for the Android 12 beta program, you will get the update notification soon. Or you can also check for the update in Settings.
How to Install Android 12 Beta using Android Flash Tool
This method requires an unlocked bootloader device, so make sure to first unlock the bootloader of your Google Pixel phone. And then proceed with the following steps.
- On your Google Pixel phone, go to Settings > About Phone, and tap seven times on Build Number to enable developer options.
- Open Developer Options by going to Settings > Developer Options. And enable USB Debugging to use ADB.
- Now connect your Pixel with your PC directly using an original USB cable.
- Open the Android Flash Tool page using this link. It will ask for ADB permission on your browser, allowing it to use ADB.
- On the webpage click on Add New Device, then select the device model and click on Connect.
- Also allow debugging on your phone, when a pop-up appears.
- Now select your connected device on the browser.
- Choose the Developer Preview build from the list. Also, select the option to wipe data for clean flash.
- Click on the Install button and just wait for the process to complete.
- Once the flash completes, disconnect your phone and enjoy the latest Android 12 Beta 5.
We have a separate guide on how to use Android Flash Tool in detail, so make sure to check that out if you have any queries. Now let’s jump into the next step where you don’t need to have the bootloader unlocked on your phone. This method also requires ADB to flash Android 12 Beta 5 on Pixel Phones.
How to Sideload Android 12 Beta on Pixel Phones
This method will also work if you don’t want to unlock bootloader of your Pixel phone. In this method, we will be using OTA zip to Update through Recovery.
- Download the Android 12 Beta 3 OTA Image for your device from here. If the file name is big then rename the file (eg. Update.zip) for an easy process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Pixel phone. Check out the first method to know the process.
- Now connect your Pixel phone to your PC. You will receive a prompt on your phone, click on Allow to provide debugging access on your phone. If you don’t receive the prompt enter ‘adb devices‘ in CMD and it should show the connected device id.
- Once your Pixel phone is connected to the computer enter the below command to boot the pixel phone into Recovery Mode.
adb reboot recovery
- The phone will now boot into Recovery Mode. Now select the option ‘Apply Update from ADB‘.
- Now run the following command to install the latest Android 12 Beta on your Pixel phone. Make sure to enter the correct file name that you renamed in the first step. Replace Update with the correct file name.
adb sideload Update.zip
- It will now install the update to your Pixel phone. After installing the file select ‘Reboot system now’ to boot into the system.
Now you can enjoy the Android 12 on your Pixel with a lot of new features. Since this is the third Android 12 public beta, you may encounter some bugs. Also, we will be sharing a different guide when other OEMs allow installing Android 12 beta 5 on some of their top phones (Available already for some phones).
So, there you have the complete guide on how to install Android 12 Beta 5 on Pixel Phones. In case if you have any queries regarding the installation instruction, do let us know in the comment section.
[su_button url=”https://t.me/getdroidroms” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#0064c9″ size=”7″]Join us on telegram[/su_button]