If you want to root your Android phone, unlock your phone’s bootloader or install a custom ROM, you need to install ADB and Fastboot on Windows. Android users need ADB and fastboot drivers to connect their phones to Windows. So today in this guide we will tell you what are ADB and Fastboot drivers and how to install ADB and Fastboot on Windows. Both of these tools are very useful for modding and tweaking Android devices. Without these drivers, you cannot send a terminal command to an Android device. In this post, we will talk about what is ADB, what is fastboot, and how to install it on your Windows PC.
What are ADB drivers and why do we need them?
ADB stands for Android Debug Bridge. A small tool that lets you send terminal commands from your Windows computer to your Android phone via USB. Simply put, you can use ADB commands to root your phone, unlock, flash new ROMs, install the latest updates, and much more.
What is Fastboot and how does it work?
Like ADB, Fastboot is an important tool for Android devices. With this tool, you can easily edit the Android file system from a computer. This will send commands to the bootloader, which means you can customize recovery, unlock bootloaders, modify bootloaders, install custom recovery and flash/change everything.
Some important fastboot commands
To unlock bootloader:-
fastboot oem unlock
To Flash recovery:-
fastboot flash recovery filename
To boot in recovery:-
fastboot boot filename
To reboot phone:-
Both of these tools come with the Android SDK. And most of the users don’t know how to set up these drivers on the Windows PC. But don’t worry one of the XDA member released a new application that will help you to install the ADB and Fastboot On Windows In 15 SECONDS.
So let us take a look at how to set up them and how it works. And this method will work on any Windows Machine, Whether it is windows 10,8/8.1/7 or XP.
Not only does this tool install the ADB and Fastboot files on your windows, but also install the universal Google USB drivers, which will work on any Android phone.
How to Install ADB and Fastboot On Windows
1. Download the ADB and Fastboot drivers setup file here, or download from Gdrive Link and save it on your Windows desktop. All you have to run this file once on Windows desktop and you are almost done.
2. After that Double-click/Run the adb-setup.exe file. Now you will see a command prompt window with a blue background. Type ‘Y’ to install the ADB and fastboot driver.
3. Now this will install all the ADB and fastboot drivers on your PC.
4. Now type ‘Y’ again to install the latest Google USB drivers for your phone. This will help you to connect your phone to the PC. Now a new setup window will open on your desktop. Click “NEXT” to it, and this will install all the driver necessary files on your PC. See the screenshot below.
5. This will take few seconds to install device drivers, and after that, you will see a message on your screen that “Google Inc Ready to use.”
6. Now the ADB files and USB drivers are successfully installed on your PC. And you can see the ADB folder on your Windows C Drive (C:/ADB).
To check that ADB and Fastboot drivers are working fine on your Windows PC/ Open the ADB folder on C drive and hold the shift key and press right click and launched the command prompt windows on your desktop.
Connect your Phone to the PC with a USB cable and type the following command in the command window. It will show you the list of devices connected.
[su_button url=”https://t.me/getdroidroms” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#0064c9″ size=”7″]Join us on telegram[/su_button]