Apple finally released the long-awaited and most leaked version of the iOS 16 operating system this year. At the WWDC event, Apple announced a bunch of new OS versions, such as iOS 16, iPadOS 16, watchOS 9, macOS 13, and more. But iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 are the two most exciting OS of the event.
Shortly after the Apple Keynote session, Apple released the first beta of iOS 16 and iPadOS 16. But it’s only available to developers, and the public beta is expected in July when a third developer beta will be available.
I assume you have been waiting for iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 for a long time. And why shouldn’t you, the new iOS 16 comes with a lot of new features including some much awaited features like customizing the lock screen. And now that it’s available as a developer beta, you can now get it on your iPhone. Here’s how to download and install iOS 16 Beta and iPadOS 16 Beta on eligible iPhones and iPads, respectively.
iOS 16 Supported Devices List:
- Upcoming iPhone series (iPhone 14)
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone Xs
- iPhone Xs Max
- iPhone Xr
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone SE (3rd generation)
iPhone SE 1st Gen, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus are no longer supported for major new iOS updates.
PadOS 16 Supported Devices List:
- iPad (5th generation and later)
- iPad mini (5th generation and later)
- iPad Air (3rd generation and later)
- iPad Pro models (All)
If you have an iPhone or iPad from the list, and you want to try the new iOS 16 beta or iPadOS 16 beta, follow the steps below.
Get Developer Account
Since iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 are currently only available to developers, you need a developer account to get iOS 16 beta and iPadOS 16 beta.
The public beta for iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 will probably be available in July with a third developer beta. You can also create a developer account, it is paid.
If you have an Apple Developer Account, you can proceed with the next step.
Download iOS 16 Developer Beta profile (configuration profile)
To get the latest iOS 16 Dev Beta and iPadOS 16 Dev Beta via the OTA update, you’ll need to install a profile. And so first you need to download the iOS 16 or iPadOS 16 beta profile. Follow the steps below.
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site on your iPhone/iPad.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in with your developer account.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 16 or iPadOS 16.
- Scroll down to Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need the profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Install Profile button just before the IPSW button.
- It will give a pop-up, tap on Install Anyways > Allow.
Install iOS 16 Developer Beta Profile
Now that the beta profile has been installed on your iPhone or iPad, you can finally install the first iOS 16 beta or iPadOS 16 beta. Here’s how to download and install iOS 16 Beta 1 and iPadOS 16 Beta 1.
- Connect your phone to a charging point and WiFi with the Internet.
- Open Settings on your device.
- Now go to General > Software Update.
- You will find the new iOS 16 Beta on iPhones or iPadOS 16 Beta on iPads.
- Tap on the Download and Install button.
- The device will reboot after installation.
- Now you can enjoy the latest iOS 16 Beta 1 and iPadOS 16 Beta 1.
So you can download and install iOS 16 beta and iPadOS 16 beta. You can also install the first beta of iOS 16 or iPadOS 16 with IPSW files that are also available with the developer account when registering for the new beta. It needs Finder on Mac.
Have you installed the first iOS 16 beta? If so, what is your experience, and what new features have you discovered? Let us know in the comments section.