Magisk, as we know, is the most popular rooting tool for Android smartphones, tablets, and to some extent even smart devices. After the popular SuperSU flash tool got abandoned, Magisk became the new norm for rooting Android OS, stock or custom ROMS, etc. The renowned developer John Wu recently brought Magisk support for stable Android 11 firmware; released by Google in September 2020. Here is the latest stable Magisk 21.1 and Magisk Manager 8.0.3 APK available for download.
Some of the most sought after features of Magisk, apart from gaining systemless root access on Android, include MagiskHide for bypassing root detection, Google’s SafetyNet bypass, third-party modules support, etc. The developer just released a new version of Magisk v21.1 today with more stable Android 11 support and the latest Google smartphones called Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G.
Now you can gain root access on many devices running Android 11 from various manufacturers such as the Google Pixel lineup, stable Oxygen OS 11 by OnePlus, MIUI 12 from Xiaomi, One UI 3.0 by Samsung, ColorOS 11, and much more. It also includes custom ROMS like Lineage OS 18 and AOSP based Android 11 GSI builds for Project Treble devices.
This Magisk 21.1 build includes all of your favorite features from Magisk v20.4 like support for Android 10, 9.0 Pie, 8 Oreo, 7.0/7.1 Nougat, Marshmallow, or earlier. The developer also brought major changes to the root structure for better root support on several Android devices. With Magisk v20 or later, you get much better Magisk Hide or root detection support for banking apps, Google Pay, Samsung Pay on rooted devices. SafetyNet bypass is already implemented in this version.
Magisk Changelog Latest V21.1
- [MagiskBoot] Support boot header v3 (Pixel 5 and 4a 5G)
- [MagiskBoot] Distinguish
lz4_legacy(Pixel 5 and 4a 5G)
- [MagiskBoot] Support vendor boot images (for dev, not relevant for Magisk installation)
- [MagiskInit] Support kernel cmdline
- [MagiskInit] Support kernel initialized dm-verity on legacy SAR
- [General] Significantly broaden sepolicy.rule compatibility
- [General] Add Magisk binaries to
PATHwhen executing boot scripts
- [General] Update
- [General] Make Magisk properly survive after factory reset on Android 11
- [MagiskSU] Add APEX package
- [MagiskHide] Support hiding apps installed in secondary users (e.g. work profile)
- [MagiskHide] Make zygote detection more robust
Previous Magisk v21.0 changelog:
- [General] Support Android 11
- [General] Add Safe Mode detection. Disable all modules when the device is booting into Safe Mode.
- [General] Increase
post-fs-datamode timeout from 10 seconds to 40 seconds
- [MagiskInit] Rewritten 2SI support from scratch
- [MagiskInit] Support when no
/sbinfolder exists (Android 11)
- [MagiskInit] Dump fstab from device-tree to rootfs and force
initto use it for 2SI devices
- [MagiskInit] Strip out AVB for 2SI as it may cause bootloop
- [Modules] Rewritten module mounting logic from scratch
- [MagiskSU] For Android 8.0+, a completely new policy setup is used. This reduces compromises in Android’s sandbox, providing more policy isolation and better security for root users.
- [MagiskSU] Isolated mount namespace will now first inherit from parent process, then isolate itself from the world
- [MagiskSU] Update communication protocol with Magisk Manager to work with the hardened SELinux setup
- [MagiskPolicy] Optimize match all rules. This will significantly reduce policy binary size and save memory and improve general kernel performance.
- [MagiskPolicy] Support declaring new types and attributes
- [MagiskPolicy] Make policy statement closer to stock
*.teformat. Please check updated documentation or
magiskpolicy --helpfor more details.
- [MagiskBoot] Support compressed
- [MagiskBoot] Pad boot images to original size with zeros
- [MagiskHide] Manipulate additional vendor properties
Download Magisk 21.1
Following are the direct download links right from the Github repository of the project.
- Latest (Magisk-v21.1.zip) | Source
- Latest Uninstaller (Magisk-uninstaller-20201113.zip)
- Latest Magisk Manager (MagiskManager v8.0.3)