Asus Zenfone 5Z is an impressive phone of its time. It is one of the best products from Asus but now as it is an old device, you may not receive an official update. But thanks to the custom development community which keeps the device alive with their custom ROMs, custom Recoveries, etc. Recently the Asus Zenfone 5Z gets the official LineageOS 17.1 support. Here you get to download LineageOS 17.1 for Asus Zenfone 5Z.
Custom ROMs are beneficial for all Android phones especially those that have stopped received updates. Users can install custom ROMs to stay up to date along with the rest of the users. Not all Android phone users get a chance to try custom ROMs. But phones from Asus, Xiaomi, OnePlus, Motorola, Samsung get many custom ROMs. It is because these OEMs allow users to unlock bootloader and are also popular among developers.
LineageOS 17.1 for Asus Zenfone 5Z
If we talk about custom ROMs and not mention the LineageOS then it wouldn’t be fair. LineageOS is the best custom ROM project active for many years. And luckily the latest official LineageOS 17.1 is now available for Asus Zenfone 5Z. Although the phone already runs on Android 10 but using a custom ROM always has advantages.
Custom ROMs like LineageOS give the option to customize their phone while maintaining the speed. LineageOS 17.1 is based on Android 10. LineageOS 18 is also out for some devices as unofficial builds and it may be possible that Asus Zenfone 5Z users can also get Android 11 based LineageOS 18.
Download LineageOS 17.1 for Asus Zenfone 5Z
To experience the LineageOS 17.1 on Zenfone 5Z, of course, you need to first download the ROM. Since it is the official LineageOS 17.1, it is available on the official website. As for now, there is only one build available. But by the time you are reading this article, there can be many builds. And so, make sure to download the latest build for your device from the link given below. These builds are signed and provide bug-free performance.
[su_button url=”https://droidflare.info/?go=e4e0170b” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#00c908″ size=”7″]Download from here[/su_button]
Download Recovery from same link
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on Asus Zenfone 5Z
- Copy the download LineageOS 17.1 ROM file to C:/adb.
- Rename it to ROM.zip to make the process easier.
- Since you are already on the custom Recovery on your phone you can follow the process. If not then boot into the custom recovery.
- Now in the custom recovery, tap on Factory Reset > Format Data / Factory Reset and continue with the process.
- After the factory reset, go back to the Main Menu.
- Now sideload the ROM.zip file following the below steps:
- On the device, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin sideload.
- On the host machine, sideload the package using:
adb sideload ROM.zip
- If the above command returns adb: failed to read command: Success, it means the LineageOS 17.1 is installed on your Asus Zenfone 5Z.
- Now go back to the main menu in recovery and tap on ‘Reboot system now’.
You can also install other zip packages the same as the ROM file. Set up your device and enjoy the latest LineageOS 17.1.
So, there you have it, how to install LineageOS 17.1 on Asus Zenfone 5Z. You can follow the same process for later LineageOS updates. And in case if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section.