Magisk is currently the most popular routing app for almost all Android devices. It received a major release on Magisk v25.0 just a few hours ago. According to Change Log, this new update comes with a complete rewrite of MagiskInit. Magos 25 introduces a brand new syphilis injection mechanism to solve the “SELinux problem” once and for all. Here, download the latest Magisk v25 APK.
MagiskInit is an important piece of software that runs before your device starts. According to the developer behind the project, John Woo, since Android launched Project Treble in Android 8.0, it has been constantly struggling with more complex distribution and initial mount settings. To address the complexity of magiskinit, a brand new sepolicy injection mechanism has been introduced in Magisk 25. This should solve the “SELinux problem”.
In addition, MagiskSU’s security has been tightened. Superuser functionality in Magisk v25 focuses on making root permission management more accurate and secure. Here are some changes:
- Add a whole new package tracking system to ensure malicious UID reuse attack cannot be performed
- Properly support and implement the UX in the Magisk app for packages using
- Enforce root manager APK signature verification to combat the rampant unofficial Magisk app “mods”
- [MagiskInit] Update 2SI implementation, significantly increase device compatibility (e.g. Sony Xperia devices)
- [MagiskInit] Introduce new
- [MagiskInit] Support Oculus Go
- [MagiskInit] Support Android 13 GKIs (Pixel 6)
- [MagiskBoot] Fix vbmeta extraction implementation
- [App] Fix stub app on older Android versions
- [App] [MagiskSU] Properly support apps using
- [MagiskSU] Fix a possible crash in
- [MagiskSU] Prune unused UIDs as soon as
system_serverrestarts to prevent UID reuse attacks
- [MagiskSU] Verify and enforce the installed Magisk app’s certificate to match the distributor’s signature
- [MagiskSU] [Zygisk] Proper package management and detection
- [Zygisk] Fix function hooking on devices running Android 12 with old kernels
- [Zygisk] Fix Zygisk’s self code unloading implementation
- [DenyList] Fix DenyList on shared UID apps
- [BusyBox] Add workaround for devices running old kernels
Magisk 25 APK Download
Here we have listed the latest Magisk APK. Simply rename it Magisk.zip to get the zip file. Following are the direct download links right from the Github repository of the project.
Magisk APK Github downloads repository:
Magisk Modules Downloads Repository
Magisk is dropping support to download online modules. You will find Fox’s Magisk Module Manager below so you can restore the Magisk Modules functionality.
The centralized Magisk-Modules-Repo is also gone from Magisk 24. According to the developer, this is due to lack of time and maintenance. The functionality to download modules from the repo is removed in v24.0.