OnePlus Nord is now receiving a new OTA update starting today with Oxygen OS 10.5.8 build. The latest budget phone from the manufacturer, Nord, launched with Oxygen OS 10.5 based on Android 10 out of the box. This is the same software available for the OnePlus flagships. The manufacturer has guaranteed 3 Android OS upgrades for the Nord device and will definitely receive Oxygen OS 11 based on Android 11. However, that may take a while before the Oxygen OS 11 gets out of beta. Meanwhile, download Oxygen OS 10.5.8 OTA update.
The new Oxygen OS 10.5.8 OTA update for OnePlus Nord added a new feature to “Hide silent notifications in status bar”. This will filter unimportant notifications for better app notification management. You can access this option from Settings>Apps & Notifications> Notifications> Advanced> Hide silent notifications in the status bar.
The update also added latest September 2020 security patch level. As for the camera app, it optimized image stabilization performance. Improved general display calibration. Overall optimized the network stability.
Here is the complete changelog:
- Newly added “Hide silent notifications in status bar” feature to filter unimportant notifications, making the app notification management easier (Route: Settings>Apps & Notifications> Notifications> Advanced> Hide silent notifications in the status bar)
- Optimized the expanded screenshot user experience for some scenes
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android security Patch to 2020.09
- Optimized image stabilization performance
- Improved general display calibration
- Optimize the network stability
The OTA updates are now available for download for all regions. There are two types of OTA listed below. The full OTA that can be used to update the phone using local upgrade method.
- OxygenOS 10.5.8 for the OnePlus Nord:
How to update OnePlus Nord?
- Download OxygenOS full OTA update zip or ROM from download section.
- Transfer the OTA package to the phone storage. (Do not put it inside any folder)
- Go to Settings
- System Updates
- Click on the gear icon on the top right corner of the screen
- choose Local upgrade
- Click on the corresponding installation package
- Choose Upgrade
- System upgrade will proceed