In this guide, we will show you the steps to download and install Android 13 based Pixel Experience ROM on your OnePlus 7T/7T Pro. Without any exaggeration, it’s safe to assume that OnePlus’ seventh series was the last iteration that truly carried the OEM’s DNA. From then on, it went downhill, and ColorOS joining OxygenOS proved to be the final coffin.
However, one of the advantages of these devices is that they are still quite active players in custom development. As a result, you can easily break the shackles of this bloated OS and switch to a custom ROM. And in this guide, we will show you how to download and install Android 13 based Pixel Experience ROM on your OnePlus 7T/7T Pro. So without further ado, let’s begin.
Pixel Experience ROM Android 13
As its name suggests, Pixel Experience is based on the stock AOSP experience that comes with Pixel devices. So apart from a clean user experience, you’ll also get tons of Pixel goodies and reinstalled Google Apps [GApps]. However, despite this, it won’t give you a bloated experience as it has struck a fine balance between features and durability.
For all these reasons, it’s no hidden secret why it soared up the popularity charts and quickly became the go-to choice for many tech enthusiasts. If you echo the same thought process, this guide will show you the way to welcome this ROM on your device right away. Follow along.
Download Pixel Experience ROM and Recovery for OnePlus 7T/7T Pro
STEP 1: Install Android SDK
STEP 2: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
STEP 3: Unlock Bootloader
STEP 4: Downgrade OnePlus 7T/7T Pro to Android 11
STEP 5: Download Pixel Experience ROM and Recovery for OnePlus 7T/7T Pro
- Now, get hold of the Pixel Experience ROM and Recovery files from below:OnePlus 7T [hotdogb] | OnePlus 7T Pro [hotdog]
- The ROM file will be present as a ZIP whereas the recovery will be an IMG file.
- Once both files have been downloaded, transfer them to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
- Next up, rename the recovery file to recovery, so that the complete name becomes recovery.img.
- Likewise, rename the ROM file to rom, so that the complete name becomes rom.zip.
STEP 5: Boot to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- After that, type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- To verify the Fastboot connection, type in the below command and you should get back the device ID
STEP 7: Flash Pixel Experience Recovery
- You will now have to flash the Pixel Experience recovery onto the boot partition of your device. So execute the below command for the same
fastboot flash boot recovery.img
- Once the flashing is complete, use the hardware keys to bring up the Recovery menu and hit the Power key to confirm it.
- Your device will now boot to the Pixel Experience Recovery [it is a touch-based recovery, so you could use it without interacting with the hardware keys].
STEP 8: Copy Content of Slot A to Slot B
In order to maintain consistency of the firmware versions between the two partitions on your device, we will now be copying all the contents of Slot A to Slot B.
- Download the copy-partitions ZIP file and transfer it to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
- Then on the Pixel Experience recovery, select Apply Update > Apply from ADB.
- After that, open CMD inside the platform-tools folder and execute the below command
adb sideload copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip
- Once flashed, go to Reboot and select Recovery. Your device will reboot to Pixel Recovery.
STEP 9: Factory Reset Device
- From the Pixel Experience Recovery, go to Factory Reset.
- Then select Format Data/Factory Reset > Format Data.
- Your device will now undergo a reset.
- Once done, you shall get the “Data wipe complete” message.
STEP 10: Install Pixel Experience ROM
- From the Pixel Experience Recovery, go to Apply Update > Apply from ADB.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter.
- This will launch the Command Prompt. So type in the below command to flash the ROM file via Sideload
adb sideload rom.zip
- The process will now begin and once done, you shall get the Total xfer: 1.00x message [Got an error? See FAQ below].
- Now go back to the home screen of the recovery and select Reboot System Now. Your device will now boot to the newly installed OS.
that’s it. These were the steps to install Android 13 based Pixel Experience ROM on your OnePlus 7T/7T Pro. If you have any queries regarding the above steps, let us know your doubt and the tool you are using in the comments. We will contact you with a solution as soon as possible.