When it comes to the Motorola brand, the only thing that comes in your mind about the affordable budget segment Pure Stock Android smartphones. isn’t it? Well, the Moto G8 is no exception here and comes with a budget segment specifications like a 6.4-inches LCD display, Android 10, Snapdragon 665 SoC, 4GB/64GB storage, triple rear cameras, a punch-hole selfie camera, bigger battery, and more. But in some of the situations, some of the users may not find the triple rear cameras quite useful due to the stock camera app. if you’re also feeling the same, you can Download Google Camera for Moto G8 (Moto G Fast) (GCam APK) here.
Though it becomes very common for all the smartphones to come with dual, triple, or even quad rear camera setup with multiple camera modes, zooming options, other AI features, some of the users still find lack somewhere while taking low light images or portrait images, etc. Talking about the camera specifications, the handset packs a 16MP (wide, f/1.7) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + a 2MP (macro, f/2.2) lens with PDAF, Laser AF, an LED flash, Panorama, HDR, etc. While the device has an 8MP (f/2.0) selfie camera with HDR mode.
Google Camera for Moto G8 (Moto G Fast)
Talking about the Moto G Fast, the Motorola brand has leaked the device details and images by itself. According to some of the leaked reports, the Motorola US has released a teaser video on YouTube that the Moto G Fast will be an ultra-fast and ultra-responsive. However, that’s not the case at all and it has 3GB RAM, an unknown Snapdragon processor, triple rear cameras, two-day battery life, etc.
Now, thanks to a Junior Member of XDA Developers, ‘tutumartins‘ for sharing the ported GCam/HyperCam APK file compatible for Moto G8 as well as for Moto G Fast. As the Moto G8 comes with Camera2API enabled by default, it will be easy for the users to simply download and install the APK file in order to start using it.
The Google Camera 7.3 is a stable ported GCam app and works very well with the Android 9 Pie and Android 10 running devices. The GCam 7.3 not only brings Astrophotography mode but also offers Night Sight mode, Google Lens, PhotoSphere, Lens Blur, Portrait mode (focus slider), Slow Motion videos, AR Stickers, AR Emojis, RAW image, HDR+ & HDR+ enhanced, Video Stabilization, Panorama mode, Social Sharing, minimal UI, etc.
Download Google Camera for Moto G8 (Moto G Fast)
Guide to Install XML Config Files
- First of all, you will need to download the GCam XML Config file on your device.
- Either you can select ‘Save as’ the XML file by right-clicking on it after opening the XML file on your browser or you can visit the XML link on your device browser and choose menu icon > Tap on Share > Choose File Manager to copy/paste the file on your device storage.
- Now, go to the File Manager app and create a new folder called GCam.
- Open the GCam folder > Create another folder called Configs7.
- Copy and paste the downloaded GCam XML Config file inside the configs7 folder.
Steps to Install Gcam APK on Moto G8 and G Fast
- You can download the Hypercam Raizen APK file from the link above on your device.
- Now, head over to the File Manager app > Tap on the downloaded Google Camera APK file.
- It may ask you to enable the Unknown Sources for the first time.
- Just turn it on and tap on the GCam APK file again.
- Tap on Install and wait for it.
- Next, launch the GCam app on your phone.
- Double-tap on the blank area beside the camera shutter button.
- Select the copied XML Config file and a pop-up will appear.
- Tap on Restore.
- Finally, close the app and relaunch it.
- You’re done.
That’s it, guys. We assume that you’ve found this article pretty useful. For more queries, you can comment below.