The second member of Nord lineup – Nord CE 5G keeps most of core specs from the vanilla OnePlus Nord. However, the camera department gets an upgrade in the form of a 64MP equipped triple-camera module. Though, the images captured from the stock camera app are not flagship level images. But you can give a boost to the photo quality by sideloading the Pixel 5 Camera app (aka GCam Mod port) on your Nord CE 5G. The best thing is, GCam port is already available for OnePlus Nord Core Edition. Here you can Download Google Camera for OnePlus Nord CE 5G.
Google Camera for OnePlus Nord CE 5G [Best GCam]
OnePlus Nord CE 5G embodies a 64MP main sensor of f/1.79 aperture along with an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens and 2MP monochrome sensor. The stock camera app is the same one which we’ve already seen in many OnePlus phones with support to features such as Nightscape, Pro Mode, UltraShot HDR, and more. The device captures nice images in daylight conditions but the shots reflect some white balance issues. But, sideloading the Google Camera app will help you to capture better images in comparison to the stock camera app.
The newest version of Google Camera port, aka GCam 8.1 (from Pixel 5), is compatible with the OnePlus Nord CE 5G. In terms of features, then the GCam support features such as anticipated Astrophotography mode, Night Sight, SloMo, Beauty Mode, HDR Enhanced, Lens Blur, PhotoSphere, Playground, RAW support, Google Lens, and more. Now let’s take a look on how you can download and install Google Camera on OnePlus Nord CE 5G.
Download Google Camera for OnePlus Nord CE 5G
If you own OnePlus Nord CE 5G and want to give a boost to the camera performance, then sideloading GCam is one of the easiest ways, thanks to the Camera2 API support. You can easily download and install the app on your OnePlus Nord Core Edition. Thanks to BSG and Urnyx05 who have ported the GCam app for many phones, below we attach three different ports of GCam, GCam 8.1 by BSG and GCam 7.3 / 8.1 by Urnyx05, all are working fine on Nord CE 5G. Here are the download links.
- Download Google Camera for OnePlus Nord CE 5G (GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5.apk) [Best]
- Download GCam for OnePlus Nord CE 5G (MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1d_MGC.apk) [Latest]
- Download Google Camera for OnePlus Nord CE 5G (PXv8.1_GCam-v1.2.apk)
Before sideloading the app, make sure to download the recommended settings configuration file from the next-section, which makes the app (Pixel Camera app aka Google Camera mod port APK) smoother on your OnePlus Nord.
- For MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1d_MGC.apk – Config
- At first, download this config file on your smartphone.
- Now head over to the downloads folder and create a new folder – MGC_8.1.101_Configs.
- Open MGC_8.1.101_Configs folder (placed inside downloads folder) and paste the config file inside it.
- Once done, Open the Google Camera app and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on config file name and press restore option.
- Now open the app again and start capturing.
- That’s it.
- For GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.0.apk – Config
Head over to the File Manager > Internal Storage > find GCam > create a new folder Configs7 > and paste the file.
For PXv8.1_GCam-v1.2.apk, there’s no need to configure any configuration file. You can play with the settings as per your needs.
How to install Google Camera on OnePlus Nord CE 5G
- At first download the GCam app from above-listed links.
- Once downloaded, head over to the settings then enable the Unkown Sources.
- Now install the Google Camera.
- Then, open the app and allow the app permissions if any needed.
- That’s it.
Note: Before installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
All done. Start capturing blazing and great photos directly from your OnePlus Nord CE 5G.
[su_button url=”https://t.me/getdroidroms” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#0064c9″ size=”7″]Join us on telegram[/su_button]