The second-generation OnePlus Nord aka Nord 2 is here! And OnePlus calls it flagship killer of 2021. While comparing to the last year’s Nord, the camera setup receives arguably one of the biggest upgrades, thanks to the 50MP Sony IMX766 sensor. And the camera app on Nord 2 is the reskinned version of what we’ve seen in many Oppo phones. However, this doesn’t hit the performance, but still, in case you want to capture better images, then you can install Pixel 5’s camera app (GCam port) on your Nord 2 smartphone. Here you can Download Google Camera for OnePlus Nord 2.
Google Camera for OnePlus Nord 2 [Best GCam 8.1]
OnePlus’s newest upper-midrange smartphone – Nord 2 is billing with a triple-lens camera setup with a 50MP Quad Bayer main sensor along with an ultra-wide-angle lens and 2MP monochrome lens. It is the same sensor available in Oppo Find X3 Pro and OnePlus 9 Pro. By default, Nord 2 captures 12.5MP images, which later using 4-in-1 pixel binning tech to make full 50MP shots. The camera app offers some additional features such as Ultra Night Mode, AI scene enhancements, advanced HDR, and other essential camera features available in Oppo phones.
The stock camera app on OnePlus Nord 2 capture nice and detailed images in both day light and low light conditions. But the color reproduction is not as great as the Google Camera app, thanks to the computational photography. So, if you want to capture some splendid shots, then you can give a try to the latest GCam port. The app support features like Astrophotography Mode, Night Sight, SloMo, Beauty Mode, HDR Enhanced, Lens Blur, PhotoSphere, Playground, RAW support, Google Lens, and more. Now let’s move on to how you can download and install Google Camera app on OnePlus Nord 2.
Download Google Camera on OnePlus Nord 2
The ColorOS 11.3 based OxygenOS 11.3 managed to maintain the Camera2 API support for OnePlus Nord 2. Yes, there’s now need to root your smartphone to get Google Camera support, although, users can root their OnePlus Nord 2 if want, we’ve also published a guide on OnePlus Nord 2 root. The latest GCam 8.1 port by BSG and GCam 7.3 by Urnyx05 are working fine on the Nord 2. Here are the download links.
- Download Google Camera for OnePlus Nord 2 [GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5.apk]
- Download GCam 8.2 for OnePlus Nord 2 [MGC_8.2.400_A10_V-alpha2_MGC.apk]
- Download Google Camera for OnePlus Nord 2 [MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1j_MGC.apk]
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
If you want better results, then you can follow the below steps and add configuration file.
For GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5.apk & MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1j_MGC.apk
- Download the above listed config files, it bags up with all the recommended settings.
- Then, head over to the file manager and create a new folder called, GCam.
- Open GCam folder and create one more folder with configs7 name.
- Now paste the config file inside the configs7 folder.
- Once done, Open the Google Camera app and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the config file, available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
While for MGC_8.2.400_A10_V-alpha2_MGC.apk there’s no need to configure many settings, but still you can play with GCam settings according to your needs for better results.
Once all done. Start capturing blazing and great photos directly from your OnePlus Nord 2 smartphone.
[su_button url=”https://t.me/getdroidroms” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#0064c9″ size=”7″]Join us on telegram[/su_button]