The “M” series of Samsung is quite popular, and the brand has launched more than a dozen of devices under the series. One of those was the Samsung Galaxy M30S which came as an update to the Galaxy M30. The device came with a few upgrades like cameras, battery capacity, and extra RAM & ROM compared to M30. Samsung had also upgraded the SoC when it comes to the Samsung Galaxy M30S. The device came with Android 9 Pie out of the box and supported Camera2API out of the box. Even though it came with upgraded cameras, the output wasn’t that great. To overcome the issue, we have come with a solution, i.e., Google Camera. We have listed those, but before let us look into the specifications of the new device.
Samsung Galaxy M30S Specifications
The Samsung Galaxy M30S sports a 6.4 inches Super AMOLED plus display with an infinity U notch and has Full HD+ resolution. That said, it has a pixel density of 403 Pixel Per Inch (PPI), an aspect ratio of 20:9, and a screen to body ratio of 84.2 percent. Coming to the internals of the Samsung Galaxy M30S, it features the in-house Exynos 9611 SoC, which is built on the 10nm process. The chipset has been used in several Samsung mid-range devices. On the memory side, it sports 4 and 6GB of RAM. Further, it comes with 64 and 128GB of UFS 2.1 storage. It has a dedicated micro SD card slot for expanding storage. The device runs on the One UI 1.0, which is based on Android 9 Pie. Samsung has pushed the Android 10 and Android 11 updates.
When we talk about optics on the Samsung Galaxy M30S, it sports a triple rear camera setup. This includes a primary 48MP sensor with an f/2.0 aperture value and PDAF. It pairs with an 8MP secondary ultra wide-angle sensor with an f/2.2 aperture value and field of view of 123°. Further, it gets a 5MP depth sensor with an aperture value of f/2.4. To the front, the smartphone comes with a 16MP sensor with an aperture value of f/2.0. Only the rear camera can shoot videos in 4K, while the front is limited to FHD. The Samsung Galaxy M30S packs a 6,000 mAh battery and gets support for 15W fast charging tech. To unlock the device, it has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and comes with a face unlock feature. The device comes in three color options, i.e., in Opal Black, Sapphire Blue, and Pearl White.
Best Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy M30S
Google Camera aKa Gcam is the camera application of Pixel smartphones which Google develops for its devices. The app needs Camera2Api to work on devices. This Google Camera comes with support for various features like Google Lens, Audio recording toggle in Panorama mode, RAW mode, Live Lens, H265 video recording, Motion Autofocus, Top Shot, Group Selfies, Night Sight, Photo Booth, Super Res Zoom Astrophotography mode, HDR+, Timelapse, etc. Today we will look into the different versions of Google Camera, i.e., Gcam 6 and Gcam 7, based on your current Android version.
You can use version 6 of Gcam 6 in Android 9 and Android 10 running devices
- Download GCam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.5.190418.1850.apk By Arnova8G2. (Doesn’t support configs)
- Download MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-TlnNeun_Urnyx05-v4.3.apk (Ported APK) and supports Video and Slow Motion recording. You can find Config files here.
Also, you can use Gcam 7 for devices running on Android 10 and Android 11
- Download GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V2.7.3.apk.
- And you can download the Config files for the same.
Since one of these doesn’t support XML files, we recommend you guys change the configuration of the Gcam mentioned above’s after installing. We have listed those below.
Steps to install Gcam and Config files on your Samsung Galaxy M30S (Gcam)
- For this, first, Download Gcam and Config files on your Galaxy M30S
- Then, enable Unknown sources from Developer Options. You can enable Developer Options by tapping seven times on the Build number (it can be seen under the About Phone section) to enable Developer Options.
- Now install the Gcam APK on your device. Then open the app and grant the required permissions like Camera, Microphone, Storage, and Location. Please note that only the Gcam 6.1 by Wichaya and Gcam 7.3 supports Config. For other versions, we have included the recommended settings.
- Then move the config file to the folders named Configs & Configs7 under the Gcam folder. Please note that the Configs folder is used for version 6 of Gcam and the latter for version 7 of Gcam 7.
- To restore, tap on the black area between the shutter and Gallery. Then a dialogue box will appear and now tap restore on the same to restore config.
Google Camera configuration for Samsung Galaxy M30s (Gcam)
If you are using the GCam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.5.190418.1850.apk, follow the below-mentioned steps to get the best image quality.
- For this, open Gcam and go to Camera app settings.
- Then tap on Mod Settings, and choose Advanced and then Fix.
- From here, tap on select ViewFinder Format and change it to YUV_420_888.
- Now go back to Advanced and tap on Saturation Settings. And set the following values for Highlight and Shadow Saturation.
- Back Camera Highlight Saturation to 1.7 & Shadow Saturation to 2.3
- Front Camera Highlight Saturation to 1.1 & Shadow Saturation to 2.0
No problem if you aren’t using the above one. We have got the Settings for the other version too. So, if you are using MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-TlnNeun_Urnyx05-v4.3.apk, then follow the below steps to get the best image quality.
- Open the Gcam, and navigate to Camera app Settings.
- Now, go to Advanced, then Base, Config, and choose Pixel2018 HW ZSL HDr(need YUV).
- Also, select Front & Back Camera to Pixel 3 XL.
- You can also try the Config file which we have provided.
That’s it, and you have successfully installed and changed the Gcam aKa Google Camera configuration. Please share the article with your friends who use the device and persons’ own devices running on Exynos chipsets. You can request Gcam for other devices in the feedback section.
[su_button url=”https://t.me/getdroidroms” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#0064c9″ size=”7″]Join us on telegram[/su_button]