The Google Pixel lineup is known for having the best software experience as compared to other Android skins by OnePlus, Samsung, Xiaomi, etc. It comes with top of the line software, as Google is a major software company. Google launched a great camera app for the Pixel phone, and with the launch of Pixel 5 and 4a 5G, they introduces the Google Camera 8.1.
Google recently integrated Auto Night Sight feature for better low light pictures in one of their recent updates. This feature allows the camera app to enter the low-light mode without having to switch explicitly.
While this feature was great, some users didn’t like the idea. For some it was straight up confusing as Google didn’t announce the update. Whereas, to some they needed more manual control over the camera app. With the recent update to the Google Camera with version 126.96.36.1992609439, Google rolled back the update, allowing the user to disable Auto Night Sight permanently.
Prior to this, if you disable the Auto Night Sight option, the control resets and enables Auto Night Sight every time you exit the application. Users needed to disable it every time they launch the camera in order to prevent aggressive night sight shots even in normal lighting conditions.
Not anymore. It will remain disabled even on app closures, removing it from recent apps or multitasking, or if your force stop the application.
Furthermore, Google has tweaked the “Flash” settings that appear when swiping down on the screen with three options:
- Flash: Disable Night Sight
- Night Sight: Disable Flash
- Off: Disable both Flash and Night Sight
Here are some key highlights of the Google Camera 8.1:
• Night Sight in Portrait and Camera modes – Get the same Night Sight results in low light without having to switch modes.
• Video stabilization modes – Use Locked for videos of long performances, when you want to look away from the camera. Use Active in heavy moments. Use Cinematic Pan for smooth, panning shots.
• New zoom buttons – Use zoom buttons to quickly zoom in or out. To use the full zoom slider, tap and hold a zoom button or pinch-zoom.
Download Google Camera 8.1 from Pixel 5
The new Google Camera 188.8.131.522609439 (arm64-v8a) (Android 11+) update rolled out on Monday, 25th January. But it’s not available in all regions yet. You can check for updates in the Google Play Store. If you haven’t received the update, you can download the Google Camera APK.
Note that this is the original Google camera which will only work on Pixel devices. For modded Gcam 8.1, see the section below.
[su_button url=”https://betamods.info/?go=43a062f7″ target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#00c912″ size=”7″]Download from here[/su_button]
How to install
- Download the apk file from the link above.
- Install like a normal apk file.
[su_button url=”https://t.me/getdroidroms” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#0064c9″ size=”7″]Join us on telegram[/su_button]