In this guide, we will talk about the Descendant ROM 2022 update. In April 2022, the first stable build of Descendant ROM based on Android 12L was released by the team of developers behind the custom ROM.
Initially, the ROM came with support for only a few devices and included some bug fixes on the beta version. The following month, a May update was released by the developers, which improved stability and performance.
Recently, the team released the 2022 Descent ROM build and it came with some new features and compatibility for 3 new devices.
Descendant custom ROM is especially known for providing useful features on the original Vanilla Android experience. It is known for users who have the ability to customize their device but still have a user interface close to Android. Dependent Android Custom ROM provides exactly what these users are looking for.
Descendant ROM July 2022 Update | Descendant ROM 12.1
The latest July 2022 update brings some new features along with the June 2022 security patch. These new features include a new weather widget from OpenWeather.com. In addition, a new lock screen lock style based on Sony Allied Clock design has also been highlighted with the update.
In addition, the clock style set on your lock screen can now be used on your home screen. This is now possible with the new Continuity Clock Widget.
With the latest update, we also get to see Descent Voices. Designed sounds is not a ringtone app. Rather, it is a collection of ringtones that are suitable for the theme and design of the Decent Custom ROM.
It provides four different dynamic sound themes that users can use for notifications and calls. Themes include water droplets, birds, glass and violin. The change log for the update is as follows:
Download Descendant 12L ROM July 2022 for Android phones
|Sr. No.||Device and Forum Link||Device codename and Descendant ROM Discussion Thread|
|1.||Google Pixel 3a||sargo|
|2.||Google Pixel 4 XL||coral|
|3.||Google Pixel 4a||sunfish|
|6.||Xiaomi Mi 9||cepheus|
|7.||Xiaomi Mi 9 SE||grus|
|8.||Xiaomi Mi 10||umi|
|9.||Xiaomi Mi 10T/Mi 10T Pro/Redmi K30S||apollon|
|10.||Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G||renoir|
|11.||Poco F2 Pro/Redmi K30 Pro||lmi|
|13.||Poco X3 Pro||vayu|
|14.||Redmi K40/Poco F3/Xiaomi Mi 11X||alioth|
|15.||Redmi K40 Pro/Redmi K40 Pro Plus/Xiaomi Mi 11X Pro/Xiaomi Mi 11i||haydn|
|16.||Redmi Note 7||lavender|
|17.||Redmi Note 8 and 8T||ginkgo and willow|
|18.||Redmi Note 8 Pro||begonia|
|19.||Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G [Global]/Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G [India]/Poco X4 Pro 5G||veux|
Please note that at the time of writing, construction for the Redmi Note 9s / 9 Pro India, Redmi Note 9 Pro / Pro Max, and Poco M2 Pro is suspended.
Download: Descendant 12.1
Also tell them that you can try Decent Room even if you don’t have the above mentioned devices. This project is made possible by the construction of generic GSI for treble active devices.
Plus, the Descendant ROM 2022 build comes with pre-installed Google Apps, which means you don’t have to install the Google Play Store with a separate zip file.
- Added Weather widget
- Added Continuity Clock widget, a widget that will mirror lockscreen’s clock style to offer seamless transitions from lockscreen to home screen
- Added Lockscreen Events (daily events from calendar), an extra line under date on lockscreen that will show upcoming events
- Added a new clock style: Sony Aligned
- Added Descendant Sounds (with dynamic notification sounds) under Settings -> Sounds and Notification
The three new devices for which support was added are:
- Google Pixel 3a
- OnePlus 7
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
- Solved an issue with Weather tint on lockscreen
- Solved an issue that was preventing some clocks to be correctly updated on pulse and AOD events
- Solved an issue that was preventing Heads-up to work after disabling Notification Chip
- Solved an issue that was preventing Weather icon to be correctly resized according to the user-selected display size
- Solved an issue that was preventing pulse events to be correctly dismissed
- Solved an issue that was causing crashes when “Privacy dots only for system apps” was enabled
So this was our Dependent ROM June 2022 update. We hope you find this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comments section below.