Operating systems for mobile devices are improving day by day. And, while OS like Android has a huge market share globally, its users want to see more important features like security and privacy as the reason for adopting the OS. Google has and continues to have an essential security and privacy features in its OS.
Android 12 was officially released a few months ago in its stable form and many devices have yet to receive an upgrade. However, now Google has introduced Android 13 to the world. Yes, Android 13 is the new OS and the developer preview for the new OS is already gone. Here you can download Android 13 DP1 for Pixel phones.
Android 13 will focus on security and privacy features with a new photo packer (which will eventually be available for devices running Android 11 and newer). Improved new material UUI designs, the ability to change the language of any app, and even themed icons that adjust to the system-wide dark mode or light mode selection.
Download Android 13 Developer Preview 1 for Pixel Phones
The greatest thing about owning an Android device and more particularly a Google Pixel device are that you can easily get access to developer preview builds that can be sideloaded to your compatible device.
The developer previews are the first early and non-stable builds of Android 13. Gradually within two months of the developer preview releases, the beta versions of Android 13 will roll out that are made available by various OEMs to be installed in their devices. And finally, after 5 beta releases, the stable version of the OS gets released globally.
Before you begin downloading the Android 13 developer preview, here are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- Make a backup of all your data that is present on your device to either a cloud storage service like Google Drive or to your PC.
- All of your data will be erased when you are sideloading the developer preview.
- None of the builds are going to be stable. There can be bugs that range from minor issues to ones that could be unbearable.
- Keep a copy of the latest stable version of Android for your device available. You might need to roll back to it if things go bad.
- Finally, the developer preview is available only for Google Pixel devices starting from Pixel 4 and all the devices released including the Pixel 6 Pro.
Download Android 13 Developer Preview Factory Image
|Device||Factory Image||OTA Image|
|Pixel 4 XL||Download||Download|
|Pixel 4a 5G||Download||Download|
|Pixel 6 Pro||Download||Download|
Once you have downloaded the right developer preview for your Google Pixel device, you can follow our guide on how to install and sideload the developer preview onto your Google Pixel device.
If you’ve any doubts then, leave the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends across social media.
[su_button url=”https://t.me/getdroidroms” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#0064c9″ size=”7″]Join us on telegram[/su_button]