Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro users can now try Android 13 based Pixel Experience 13 Custom ROM. This Android 13 based custom ROM may also contain some bugs and issues.
Numerous official and unofficial builds of custom skins based on Android 13 have started appearing from various tech companies. Here, we have got Android 13 based custom skin for Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphone.
Ever since Google released the Android 13 update for its Pixels and released the source code to AOSP. Third-party custom ROM developers have started working on custom skins based on the latest Android version to release for eligible Android devices.
Android 13 has a lot to offer such as more Material U color schemes and ‘cinematic’ wallpapers, tap to transfer, opt-in notifications, QR code scanner, ‘panlingual’ per-app language settings for apps, battery measures, UWB support. , support for Bluetooth low-energy audio, home button assistant toggle and more.
To download the latest Android version, please meet the requirements:
- Make sure your computer has ADB and fastboot
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Download the latest Android 13 Custom ROM zip file [Android 13 zip file]
Unlocking the bootloader
- Create a Mi account on Xiaomi’s website. Beware that one account is only allowed to unlock one unique device every 30 days.
- Add a phone number to your Mi account.
- Enable developer options in Settings > About Phone by repeatedly tapping MIUI Version.
- Link the device to your Mi account in Settings > Additional Settings > Developer option > Mi unlock status.
- Download the Mi Unlock app (Windows is required to run the app).
- Run the Mi Unlock app and follow the instructions provided by the app. It may tell you that you have to wait up to 30 days. If it does so, please wait for the quoted amount of time before continuing to the next step!
- After the device and Mi account are successfully verified, the bootloader should be unlocked.
- Since the device resets completely, you will need to re-enable USB debugging to continue.
Installing a custom recovery using fastboot:
- Connect your device to your PC via USB.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and type
- ADB reboot bootloader, or you also manually do it by pressing volume down + power key.
- Once the device is in fastboot mode, verify your PC finds it by typing:Fastboot device
- Flash recovery onto your device (replace <recovery_filename> with the actual filename!):fastboot flash recovery <recovery_filename>.img
- Now reboot into recovery to verify the installation. Do not reboot into the existing OS, since it will overwrite the recovery you just installed!
- With the device powered off, hold Volume Up + Power. When Xiaomi/POCO/Redmi splash appears, release Power and keep pressing Volume Up until recovery appears.