The OnePlus 8 series was launched in early 2020 with Android 10-based OxygenOS pre-installed. These phones are guaranteed to get 3 major OS updates in the future. This will be the last Android 13 update for these phones.
Since Google released the Android 13 update for its Pixels and pushed the source code to AOSP. Third-party custom ROM developers have started working on Android 13-based custom skins for Android devices, including the OnePlus 8.
These phones can now run the latest custom ROM based on Android 13. Here are the steps to install a custom Android 13 based ROM and manually flash it on your device with the help of custom recovery.
Information of Android 13 Custom ROM
Android Version : 13
Status : Stable
Devices : OnePlus 8, 8 Pro
Download the latest Android version, please meet the requirements:
- Download ADB (Android Debug Bridge) and fastboot command, if you haven’t installed TWRP
- Download the Samsung USB driver
- Unlock the Bootloader in your device (Open Settings > enable Developer option > then tap OEM unlock > click ON)
- Install TWRP on your OnePlus 8
- Root your Galaxy with the Magisk app
Download Android 13 Custom ROM OnePlus 8, 8 Pro
Download: Android 13 Custom ROM [OP8]
Download: Android 13 Custom ROM [OP8 Pro]
How to install the Android 13 custom ROM in the OnePlus 8
- Download any Custom Recovery (prefer: TWRP)
- Reboot your phone to recovery mode
- Power off the device > Press volume up and power key at the same time > let Android recovery appear (Control with volume up and down and press power key to select)
- Then wipe the cache; including, Data, System, Vendor
- Click flash ROM > select Android 13 Custom ROM zip. File > flash it
- Reboot system
The latest Android 13 custom ROM brings a bunch of new features and improvements, fixed FC bugs in many apps, a Material U-based design, new music control options with new looks, switch notification background on the headset on heads-up. , and much more is included.